Man Faces Ethnic Persecution...Prospers.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Sergey Brin Biography said:
In May 1979, when Brin was five years old, his family felt compelled to emigrate out of the Soviet Union.[13] In an interview with Mark Malseed, co-author of The Google Story,[14] Sergey's father explained how he was "forced to abandon his dream of becoming an astronomer even before he reached college." He said "Communist Partyheads barred Jews from upper professional ranks by denying them entry to universities, Jews were excluded from the physics department, in particular, at the prestigious Moscow State University, because Soviet leaders did not trust them with nuclear rocket research." Mikhail Brin therefore changed his major to mathematics where he received nearly straight A's.[11] In another interview with Dominic Lawson of The Independent, Mikhail said: "No one would consider me for graduate school because I was Jewish." He went on to tell Lawson how MSU required Jews to take their entrance exams in different rooms from non-Jewish applicants, and how they were marked on a harsher scale.[15]

The Brin family lived in a three-room apartment in central Moscow, which they also shared with Sergey's paternal grandmother.[11] Brin told Malseed, "I've known for a long time that my father wasn't able to pursue the career he wanted", but Brin only picked up the details years later after they had settled in the United States. In 1977, after his father returned from a mathematics conference in Warsaw, Poland, Mikhail Brin announced that it was time for the family to emigrate. "We cannot stay here any more", he told his wife and mother. At the conference, he was able to "mingle freely with colleagues from the United States, France, England and Germany and discovered that his intellectual brethren in the West were not 'monsters.'" He added, "I was the only one in the family who decided it was really important to leave."[11]

Another one....

Sergei Aleynekov Bio said:
His problem with Russia was that its government wouldn’t allow him to study what he wanted to study. He wasn’t religious in any conventional sense, but he’d been born a Jew, which had been noted on his Russian passport to remind everyone of the fact. As a Jew he expected to be given especially difficult entrance exams to university, which, if he passed them, would grant him access to just one of two Moscow universities that were more accepting of Jews.

He had arrived in America with no money at all, and no real idea how to get it. He took a course at the 92nd Street Y on how to apply for a job. “It was quite frightening,” he says. “I didn’t speak English, really, and a résumé was a totally alien concept.” His first interviewer asked him to tell him about himself. “To a Russian mentality, that question means ‘Where are you born?’ ‘Who are your siblings?’ ” Serge described for the man at great length his family tree—and nothing else. “He tells me I will hear from him again. I never do.” But he had an obvious talent with computers and soon found a job operating them, for $8.75 an hour, in a New Jersey medical center. From the medical center he landed a better job in the Rutgers computer-science department, where they gave him a scholarship to pursue a master’s degree. After Rutgers he spent a few years working at Internet start-ups until, in 1998, he received a job offer from a big New Jersey telecom company called IDT. For the next decade he designed computer systems and wrote the code to route millions of phone calls each day to the cheapest available phone lines.

These cats move across the world to setup shop and we can't figure out a way to get it done here?

What is the REAL problem?

plushcarpet

Superstar
Daps
Russians that are already here have wealth built up that they share with each other (not directly) but through community, power, influence, church

being white doesn't hurt either

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
African Americans did not come here by choice, we were forced here, our heritage was b*stardized, our history (as far as mainstream America is concerned) is just slavery -> civil rights -> nikkas ain't shyt and we bore the brunt in America after the Natives.

We were not immigrants, we weren't sent here to get money, we didn't have an American Dream, Black Americans didn't have that much access to computers, Black Americans usually didn't come from established academic families, I can go on and on.

The white and jewish immigrants you dikk ride have communities and economic power, we have neither.