Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
San Luis Obispo man attacked by mountain lion

A San Luis Obispo man is lucky to be alive after he was attacked by a mountain lion Saturday night.

It happened around 5:30 p.m. in Prefumo Canyon.

Robin Olson said he was hiking with his son off the trail when he came in contact with a mountain lion. He told his son to run away as he tried to avoid contact with the cat. Olson said the cat lunged at him and started attacking him. The former NCAA wrestler acted fast and grabbed the cat's neck.

"I was holding onto her neck and she was scratching me," Olson said.

During the struggle to defend himself, Olson broke the cat's neck, killing it instantly. He says he regrets what happened.

"It's horrible, I mean, I love animals," Olson said. "I just happened to be in her space by accident."

Olson said his experience is a wake-up call [to all woodland creatures] and should be a lesson to other hikers Mountain Lions to stay on the away from designated trails.

Avid hikers in the area say they're surprised to hear about the attack.

Heather Neldner, a Cal Poly student and frequent hiker said this recent attack won't keep her from enjoying the outdoors.

"I know that if we look big and make a lot of noise they're not really going to go for us, so I'm not really worried," Neldner said.

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife says if you come in contact with a mountain lion, do not run. Instead, make noise and try to look bigger by waving your arms.

To learn more about how to deal with mountain lions ask @Mowgli

Interview video in the link
San Luis Obispo man attacked by mountain lion

Last edited: