Manny Pacquiao vs Lucas Matthysse? Oscar De La Hoya wants to make it

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
De La Hoya: Pacquiao-Matthysse a Priority For Next Year
Posted by: Miguel Rivera on 5/12/2015 .

By Miguel Rivera

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya wants to secure a very large fight for dangerous puncher Lucas Matthysse (37-3, 34KOs) of Argentina.

Matthysse was seen in the ring last month, winning a very tough twelve round majority decision over Ruslan Provodnikov in Verona, New York.

One fight in particular that De La Hoya wants to get for his fighter is a showdown with eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao (57-6-2, 38KOs).

Pacquiao had a tough break on May 2nd, losing a twelve round unanimous decision to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Pacquiao suffered a right shoulder injury prior to the contest and further injured himself during the loss. He underwent surgery last Wednesday and won't return to the ring until next year.

"The priority for me would be to see [Matthysse] fight someone like Manny Pacquiao next year, but we'll see," De La Hoya said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-pacquiao-matthysse-priority-next-year--90921

I have Pacquiao winning by 9th round KO if this fight comes off. Matthysse gets hit and rocked alot lately in his fights and I cant see him going 12 with Pacquiao.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That would be a really entertaining match-up.
giphy.gif

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually don't think this fight ends up being competitive. Well, actually it depends on how far Manny falls off by this time next year or whenever this fight were to be set up.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Don't know why yall get excited about this stuff. Bob wouldn't entertain it.

This nikka got that work from john fukking molina. LUCAS IS A BUM

I REPEAT LUCAS IS A BUM WHO BEATS BUMS.

WE ARE NOT GONNA GO BACK TO THIS fakkit BEING A BOOGIE MAN LIKE 2 YEARS AGO!

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I agree manny would legit be facing someone who has the power to put him out unlike his last 2 opponents...i still want lucas to at least pick up a belt first
Mayweather could have knocked him out if he isn't aggressive. See Pactoid wasn't rushing in.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
This nikka got that work from john fukking molina. LUCAS IS A BUM

I REPEAT LUCAS IS A BUM WHO BEATS BUMS.

WE ARE NOT GONNA GO BACK TO THIS fakkit BEING A BOOGIE MAN LIKE 2 YEARS AGO!
Whoever thinks Lucas will be competitive doesn't know shyt about boxing