"March For Black Women" - Rally In D.C. (SOCIAL & ECONOMIC Change)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Salute to my sistas :salute:

'March for Black Women' rally in DC calls for new social contract in fight for change
WASHINGTON (ABC7) —
img_0714-jpg.496342

Organizers are holding a "March for Black Women" in D.C. Saturday as part of their continued efforts calling for a new social contract.

"Black women, cis, trans, and diverse identities, allies and comrades will unite and lock arms, marching unapologetically with all others who want to pull the foot of oppression off our necks and foreground the notion a new social contract is needed for all Black women, a new social contract that overturn to the dominant political narratives of the past, and courageous enough in the present to pass along to our future generations," a press release for the march stated.

Black Women's Blueprint, put on the event, with help from the DC Rape Crisis Center, Marsha P. Johnson Institute and the National Economic & Social Rights Initiative. The rally began at the National Mall at around 9 a.m. before a scheduled march through the city to Freedom Plaza.

Along with supporting the fight for the rights of black women, the event is also emphasizing support for survivors of sexual assault.

"We have work to do to create a just and sustainable future," march organizers said in a statement. "To all those still seeking social transformation, beyond our resistance, we say rise and persist with one vote this Fall and drive home the message that our everyday lives are political."

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I wonder do D.C. nikkas be fukking the women at all these marches and rallies that are held there it seems constantly wonder how it affects traffic there too must be hell.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Why every time black folks in general are being stood up for its by black men but when women want to, it gotta be specifically for women?
:mindblown:

I be lowkey getting tired of that. Why just ride out for all your people instead of tryna focus it on females on some :mjpls: to the black men? Our own women wanna create they own struggle instead of a black struggle as whole. But we the ones always calling them gods and queens when its not reciprocated

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Why every time black folks in general are being stood up for its by black men but when women want to, it gotta be specifically for women?
:mindblown:

I be lowkey getting tired of that. Why just ride out for all your people instead of tryna focus it on females on some :mjpls: to the black men? Our own women wanna create they own struggle instead of a black struggle as whole. But we the ones always calling them gods and queens when its not reciprocated
How old are you? No disrespect, but it sound like you only got the end of the story. Bw stayed marching and advocating for bm, all through the 80's 90's 2000's. This is a recent thing, separating ourselves from bm.

That said, I disagree with the very idea and will neither attend nor support. As a bw, how do I look aligning my interests with trannies and other assorted weirdos, and not my own men??? Dumb shyt.