Mase Gave Kanye West His 1st Check As Producer Before Jay Z & Dame Dash Signed Him "Meeno"

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kanye has said over the yrs ....he did bad boy production d-dot got credit for..

n d-dot denies it...

Nah, Kanye had several beats on the album below:

R-251687-1434212848-5155.png.jpg

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its some suspect stuff on mase's first album

This wasn't Mase's first album. This was Mase's group that dropped on his joint venture with So So Def. Meeno was in the group. That album features some of Kanye's first productions. It is the first album in which Kanye had multiple credits.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kanye has said over the yrs ....he did bad boy production d-dot got credit for..

n d-dot denies it...

Idk if D Dot outright denies it. From how I've seen him address the question, he basically sees it as Kanye made beats but he (D Dot) was the PRODUCER. Kanye was just happy to be around and too timid to direct the artists, or have them go back and change something which is what D Dot would do.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Kanye got checks before that with Chicago artists, also got checks from JD.

Unless he means that Mase knows that Kanye helped D-dot with shyt and bypassed D dot and paid Kanye directly

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye got checks before that with Chicago artists, also got checks from JD.

Unless he means that Mase knows that Kanye helped D-dot with shyt and bypassed D dot and paid Kanye directly

I don't think that's what he means. The JD song dropped before Mase released his group, but those songs might've been done around the same time. Mase is on that same JD album and Mase's group dropped on So So Def.

Little known fact, Kanye went to Columbia Records and stood up on a chair and declared "I'm going to be the biggest producer on this label" not knowing Columbia was home to So So Def and that JD's dad was in the room when he said it.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Idk if D Dot outright denies it. From how I've seen him address the question, he basically sees it as Kanye made beats but he (D Dot) was the PRODUCER. Kanye was just happy to be around and too timid to direct the artists, or have them go back and change something which is what D Dot would do.

He was flat out ghost producing for D Dot

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What a weird ass video. Who fukking cares? How is this an "expose" lol. Kanye was sending beats everywhere, ghost producing, trying to get on. He got a beat with Jermaine Dupri around the time.