Matt Hardy On Mercedes Moné Bringing Star Power And Casual Fans To AEW

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During a recent edition of The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, AEW star Matt Hardy discussed Mercedes Mone joining the AEW roster and the type of star power she brings to the company. Below are some highlights (via Fightful):

Matt Hardy on Mercedes Mone bringing star power to AEW: “Mercedes is gonna be bringing a lot of star power. She was a big star on WWE TV, which is a big deal. WWE TV is the most powerful professional wrestling television there’s ever been in history, so if you’ve been a big star in WWE TV, that gives you lots of equity. So her coming to AEW, it’s different from a Will Ospreay or an Okada, someone who is more of an international name, that people that follow international wrestling, people that are more diehard pro wrestling fans overall, they love and adore these people.”

On more casual fans knowing Mone: “But Mercedes, she is someone that the casual fans know a lot more. When I say casual fans, it’s just people that don’t always watch wrestling, people that watch wrestling as they’re passing on TV. ‘Oh, here’s some wrestling on. What’s this girl’s name? This girl’s name is Mercedes Mone. This is Sasha Banks.’ They’re gonna know her, and I think those casual eyeballs are very important to get on your product, and she is going to assist in getting those casual eyeballs and more general wrestling fans to watch your program.”

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Oh? Now you’re okay with casuals…interesting :ehh:
It's never a bad thing to have more people watching :yeshrug:

I just don't want the product to fundamentally change to cater to them, because fukk that watered down bullshyt. They do that and my ass is not watching anymore.

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
It's never a bad thing to have more people watching :yeshrug:

I just don't want the product to fundamentally change to cater to them, because fukk that watered down bullshyt. They do that and my ass is not watching anymore.
you want 75% wrestling on your wrestling shows…and you are okay with the casuals just watching mone segments even though the casuals can do the same thing every Monday and Friday! Even though I’m pretty sure that segment did more numbers than any matches that week

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
@Art Barr What is it you're trying to say breh...

Try to make a joke.
On clarity.

While not clearly knowing how to use a quote button.

@Saysumthinfunnymike

Art Barr

Take yo weak ass troll act and lack of comedic value.
the fukk on.

You failed like y'all always do.

You missed on your dark match up the card.
Another failed wannabe no match dark match not even mid carder.

You nikkaz are trash at posting.

Plus a fukk'n goofie.

Art Barr