Maxwell "Embrya" Album Appreciation Thread

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
This album is a timeless classic, it's in my top 10 and has been there since it released

Maxwell himself shytted on this album in an interview once, those label heads got to him :francis:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
This is his best album, no doubt in my mind. The older I get, the more enjoyable it becomes :wow:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:ehh:
I dont see this album being talk about enough. Maxwell was in his soulful bag on this shyt, brehs :wow:
Layed the foundation for all these soulful albums in the early 2000s

Yeah I owned / enjoyed this Maxwell project. Other than the given hiphop / RnB around that time I was also into shyt like....
  • Jamiroquai: Travelling Without Moving, Synkronized, Emergency on Planet Earth, The Return of the Space Cowboy
  • Bjork: Homogenic
  • DJ Shadow: Preemptive Strike
  • U.N.K.L.E.: Psyence Fiction
  • etc.
.....that embrya album fell right into place with that atmospheric moody(sound track like) music I was listening to at the time.:wow:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
:ehh:

Yeah I owned / enjoyed this Maxwell project. Other than the given hiphop / RnB around that time I was also into shyt like....
  • Jamiroquai: Travelling Without Moving, Synkronized, Emergency on Planet Earth, The Return of the Space Cowboy
  • Bjork: Homogenic
  • DJ Shadow: Preemptive Strike
  • U.N.K.L.E.: Psyence Fiction
  • etc.
.....that embrya album fell right into place with that atmospheric moody(sound track like) music I was listening to at the time.:wow:

Imma check that list out. Sounds like I would enjoy it :ehh: