Megan Thee Stallion Lands Warner Music Group Agreement and Retains Her Masters and Publishing Rights.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
How? She had only flops thought her career, no matter how they pushed and promoted she been circling the drain

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
She gets to keep her Masters?

She DEFINITELY won

For music going forward (including Hiss), not including her previous music. Anything an artist retains masters/publishing it's great news. The flip side of the coin is that this is a distribution deal with Warner. She will have access to some promo through them, but it's not gonna be THE Warner machine as if she was signed to a major label deal. I'd imagine this was the trade off in the negotiations.

I'd imagine it'll be very clear she doesn't have the full weight of the label behind her when her album drops.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Shorty sold her soul

I'd still fukk that demon tho

:banderas:

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
let me hang up my Coli Law degree for a minute...
Look like she has a financial deal that allows her to take out loans and pay them back overtime or flat fee services with WMG. Leadership seems to be taking the long term route over exploitative deals. In return, they'll keep her name buzzing and bring her more deals that allow them to make money with her vs. from debt/advancements/360 deals. They have big plans/tours in mind without the bad press from former deals gone sour.

"She's an artistic force and a mogul in the making – authentic and unapologetic in defining her own unique place in the cultural landscape. So many relate to her remarkable story and have witnessed her come into her power on her own terms. At Warner, we're creating an environment where original talents can explore both their creativity and entrepreneurialism, while building long-term careers. Following on her success with 300, we're excited to continue our journey with Meg through this dynamic new partnership, with our global teams, infrastructure, and expertise supporting her every step of the way."

real lawyers can fact check.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So…

The rape & pillage music industry all of a sudden is making announcements that nikkax not even 10 years deep have their masters?

There’s something we don’t know obviously
let me hang up my Coli Law degree for a minute...
Look like she has a financial deal that allows her to take out loans and pay them back overtime or flat fee services with WMG. Leadership seems to be taking the long term route over exploitative deals. In return, they'll keep her name buzzing and bring her more deals that allow them to make money with her vs. from debt/advancements/360 deals. They have big plans/tours in mind without the bad press from former deals gone sour.

"She's an artistic force and a mogul in the making – authentic and unapologetic in defining her own unique place in the cultural landscape. So many relate to her remarkable story and have witnessed her come into her power on her own terms. At Warner, we're creating an environment where original talents can explore both their creativity and entrepreneurialism, while building long-term careers. Following on her success with 300, we're excited to continue our journey with Meg through this dynamic new partnership, with our global teams, infrastructure, and expertise supporting her every step of the way."

real lawyers can fact check.

For music going forward (including Hiss), not including her previous music. Anything an artist retains masters/publishing it's great news. The flip side of the coin is that this is a distribution deal with Warner. She will have access to some promo through them, but it's not gonna be THE Warner machine as if she was signed to a major label deal. I'd imagine this was the trade off in the negotiations.

I'd imagine it'll be very clear she doesn't have the full weight of the label behind her when her album drops.
How? She had only flops thought her career, no matter how they pushed and promoted she been circling the drain

they’ll let you keep the rights to content thats not worth anything, clearly.

Thats all I’m hearing.

they said she was going on tour and I’m like…with what music? :heh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Remember when she had that Netflix “First look” deal? :heh:

Yall keep falling for these tricks.

She’s in debt and this clout ain’t gonna clear her bills. She’s crashing out and is on an industry high wire.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
A lot of these posts sounds like “please God, I’m begging you to make her fail”. :scusthov: Worse than some catty women
A lot of hateration in this dancery lol.

I don't follow her like that but she definitely has a solid woman and LGBTQ fanbase that isn't really measured by record sales from what I see. They spend with their attention and support. In the long run, that can generate a lot of income if Megan monetizes it correctly.

I'd rather have women fans than men, they support you more and spend more money.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So…

The rape & pillage music industry all of a sudden is making announcements that nikkax not even 10 years deep have their masters?

There’s something we don’t know obviously

Well if you want attach a “conspiracy” angle to it many of these artists who own their Masters and publishing are selling off large portions, if not all of, their rights in exchange for lump sum payouts. So you could say that in the “long game” the larger companies end up owning the music either way. RZA, The Dream, Future, Dr Dre, Nelly, Timbaland, Mannie Fresh, and Wiz Khalifa have all sold their publishing in recent years so what does it matter to these companies to give you rights to something your most likely going to sell right back to them 10-15 years from now?

Daps
Well if you want attach a “conspiracy” angle to it many of these artists who own their Masters and publishing are selling off large portions, if not all of, their rights in exchange for lump sum payouts. So you could say that in the “long game” the larger companies end up owning the music either way. RZA, The Dream, Future, Dr Dre, Nelly, Timbaland, Mannie Fresh, and Wiz Khalifa have all sold their publishing in recent years so what does it matter to these companies to give you rights to something your most likely going to sell right back to them 10-15 years from now?

You don’t know jack shyt