Which was The Better Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Menace 2 Society Chauncey dealing with the white guy over a black Nissan Maxima.. - YouTube

chauncey: why you come to this mothafukka so early all the time man?
nick: you... you said 1 o'clock
chauncey: i dont give a fukk what i said nikka. i dont get out the bed til 230 dont come to this motha fukka so early all the time man

:dead:

like someone else said...there are just too many classic scenes and quotables in this movie...

chauncey: (leans his head into the doorway on the stoop) "let me get some links with them grits...I'm hungrier than a mothafuka" :dead:

A top 5 movie...rivals the best oscar winning movies any day of the week imo...

Watched Dead Presidents last night...

Hughes Brothers :ohlawd:

they were so underrated with these movies, it's purely insane how they don't get the respect.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WHO GOT THE SNAPS ON THE PETRO!?!?!?!

I still say that though and I'm not ashamed.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
c00nin Gooding Jr caused Boyz in the Hood loss a lot of it's flair and authenticity. How the lamest square get the finest chick in the movie?

Kane, like most of us. Grew up in the hood, wasn't the hardest or softest guy. Tired to do the right things, dressed nice, got a decent chick. Just a real movie.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
c00nin Gooding Jr caused Boyz in the Hood loss a lot of it's flair and authenticity. How the lamest square get the finest chick in the movie?

Kane, like most of us. Grew up in the hood, wasn't the hardest or softest guy. Tired to do the right things, dressed nice, got a decent chick. Just a real movie.

:dead:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8yoaPkP7_I[/ame]

Dog you strapped?
You KNOOOWWW it!!

Real friends give you their guns without explanation.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

great movie and a great scene...

they threw a lot of lessons/preacher scenes in this movie...I never noticed it though until I got older.

I remember when the guy Dookie died and they announced it on MTV...I think this was around 93 or 94? He had a real future with these types of movies...he was also in Poetic Justice for a few seconds.

Man, John Singleton, the Hughes Brothers...wtf happened to black writers and directors? We don't have any shyt like this today, or even close to it..it's simply sickening.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
great movie and a great scene...

they threw a lot of lessons/preacher scenes in this movie...I never noticed it though until I got older.

I remember when the guy Dookie died and they announced it on MTV...I think this was around 93 or 94? He had a real future with these types of movies...he was also in Poetic Justice for a few seconds.

yep son got murked in So Cal back in 94

b. woods

Peace
Daps
(Doc watching a boxing match)

Doc: :ohmy: :damn: DAMN man!!! Hey man, this muthafukka on this TV whipping this boy ASS! Man, I'm tellin ya, this a good ass fight, man. :russ: This look like Caine beatin yo ass the other night, man!

(Chauncey, at the table, preparing to mail a copy of the Korean store murder/robbery tape to the cops)

Chauncey: :dry: Yeah nikka?

(Doc continues watching fight)

Doc: :ooh: Ooh, man.

Chauncey: :dry: I bet you Caine won't be laughin after 5-0 get a hold of this muthafukkin tape. You can bet that shyt, nikka.

Doc: Beatin him. :heh: Hey look man, if this was Caine whoopin yo ass on this TV--

Chauncey: :angry: Man nikka, fukk CAINE, nikka!!! (knocks stuff off table) Muthafukkin Caine, nikka! Don't talk to me about no gotdamn Caine!

Doc: :rudy: Man, fukk you!

Chauncey: :hmm: You fat, pudgy-ass muthafukka!

Doc: :childplease: If this was you on TV, you got ya ass whipped. I don't give a fukk what you talkin about.

:laff:

Last edited: