MenOfTheColi:Do You Purchase Music Made By Women?(Billboard Recognized Lack of Women topping Hot100)

Giselle

Daps
I ask because for the first time in 33 years, there are no women in the top 10 of the Hot 100 chart

The top 10 is full of trap rappers and white people who use watered down trap beats or whites who sing r&b.

C-DXWLTWsAAGlVd.jpg

So, my questions are (I kept them short this time, you're welcome lol):

1. Do you buy or stream music from female artists? If so, who are they?

2. What makes you decide that you will stream vs buy?

3. Design your own black female pop/r&b star, one who you would actually purchase music from. What do you want her to look like? Sound like? Her public personality? (please post pics and examples if you can)

Look: Tall, slim, brown, natural makeup & body, doesn't look like instagram, afro , (insert something about their look that could make them stand out)
Persona:Sweet, Girl next door, mysterious, not very active on social media, supports (insert cause here), (Insert something about their persona that can make them stand out ex rih has "bad girl" beyonce has her thing, idk what it is now)
Sound: Toni braxton tone, little to no trap (insert something about their sound that could make them stand out)

This question would work better on lsa, I guess. They'd get it.

Thankyou :queen:

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Giselle

Daps
I don't fukk with music made by women...only female artist I actually fukk with is Janet Jackson...Velvet Rope had me :ehh:

It doesn't mean I won't listen to music made by women...but actually like listen to an entire catalog of music made by women...nah...

Women aren't really all that creative...

shyt women ain't even the best cooks...

shyt wtf women are even good at? :ohhh:

Be a woman brehettes :mjcry:
Does Young MA count
NO! lol I'm talking about singers. I guess you could do women rappers who actually want to be women too.

& answer my other questions pls. :smile:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I've been making posts after post about the lack of BLACK women in the Hot 100 not named Beyonce, Rihanna, or Nicki (who all premiered prior to 2010).

With that said the number one music consumer is women particularly white women 18-30 so asking a forum of black men this question won't give you the answer.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I don't really listen to too many female artists. I guess because most of the biggest female acts usually sing about women empowerment. Which is good for women but I don't wan't to hear that shyt. Outside of the beats and flows IDK why women listen to popular hip hop, most of that is pure male power fantasy.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Nah I don't, I don't even listen to any female artist.

Last time I remember hearing a female in any song was Nicki Minaj on "Froze" with Meek and Uzi and she fukked the song up.

Giselle

Daps
If it ain't Breezy the shyt don't matter.

I've been making posts after post about the lack of BLACK women in the Hot 100 not named Beyonce, Rihanna, or Nicki (who all premiered prior to 2010).

With that said the number one music consumer is women particularly white women 18-30 so asking a forum of black men this question won't give you the answer.

Lol at buying music in 2017:mjlol:

Women purchased all that bullshyt, not dudes.

So you mean to tell me that (black) males are not buying Future's music or the other little dread head mush mouth rappers? :usure:

& the white women thing does not apply when asking about black music.

Answer my questions in the op pls :smile: