meteorite hit russia about an hour ago. sh't got real!!!!! (videos)

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
video in link........

Asteroid 2012 DA14: First Images of Space Rock Approaching Earth - ABC News

Asteroid 2012 DA14: First Images of Space Rock Approaching Earth

Feb 14, 2013 3:33pm

Asteroid 2012 DA14 makes its closest approach to Earth at 2:25 p.m. ET Friday, and the world’s astronomers have been on the lookout for it. Take a look at this sequence of images, sent by NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory from the Faulkes Telescope South, in Siding Springs, Australia:

ht_nasa_asteroid_wy_130214_wmain.gif

These pictures were taken when the asteroid was still about 465,000 miles away from us. Most of the dots in these very enlarged images are stars in the distant background; the asteroid stands out because it is moving in front of them. NASA says the animation was created by astronomers at the Remanzacco Observatory in Italy.

The asteroid is on a gently curving path that will take it from south to north, best seen Friday from Asia, Australia and parts of Europe. It will conveniently be passing over the night side of Earth (the Eastern hemisphere; the U.S. will be in daylight) when it’s closest.

Bob Berman, an astronomer who writes a column for Astronomy magazine and also works with Slooh.com, a space website, said the asteroid will still be a dot, slightly too dim to be seen with the naked eye, when it comes closest — about 17,220 miles away — on Friday. Like most scientists, he’s not worried about this one, though it’s a useful reminder that the Earth does get hit by asteroids every now and then.

“But, hey,” he said, “a miss is a miss.”

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
When I saw it on Huffington Post, I was ready to say it was fake as sh!t but it wasn't. It looked kinda beautiful as it fell from the sky. But this is not a good look cause if it was bigger it would of been a wrap for Russia. When you see it get bright from that dash cam it was almost like it was going to destroy the world for a second:

c3zmhn.gif

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:

shyt that's scary but is Mayan predict right? after his death and not finished with calendar in 2013.....welll never know cuz of gravity will pull them in.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
HOLD UP. I thought meteorites and asteroids that pass thru earth's atmosphere INCINERATE due to resistance created by air molecules.

This big chunk of rock HIT OUR PLANET. It did not burn up first.

Why didn't some govt hit it with a missile before the meteorite got THAT CLOSE? Who was on meteor watch when THIS bytch HIT OUR PLANET? With the force of an atomic bomb? About 1,100 injured as meteorite hits Russia with force of atomic bomb | Fox News

oh hell no

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
NASA is probably happy about this since the govt keeps trying to cut their budget.