Miami bout to have one of the best transit systems in America

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red

One of the local plans the TPO Governing Board supports is the People’s Transportation Plan (PTP). In 2002, Miami-Dade County voters approved a one-half percent local surtax with the purpose of improving, among other things, rapid transit corridors within the county through the PTP. While the PTP is a locally funded initiative administered by the Citizens Independent Transportation Trust (CITT), the Miami-Dade TPO remains committed to assisting in the development of these rapid transit corridors today.

In fact, on February 16, 2016, the TPO Governing Board unanimously approved a policy to set as “highest priority” the advancement of rapid transit corridors and transit supportive projects for the county. Then, on April 21, 2016, the Miami-Dade TPO Governing Board officially adopted and endorsed the proposed Strategic Miami Area Rapid Transit (SMART) Plan.

The SMART Plan intends to advance six of the PTP’s rapid transit corridors, along with a network system of Bus Express Rapid Transit (BERT) service, in order to implement mass transit projects in Miami-Dade County. To ensure the SMART Plan moves forward, the TPO Governing Board directed the Miami-Dade TPO Executive Director to work with the TPO FPC to determine the costs and potential sources of funding for Project Development and Environment (PD&E) studies for the projects, and to also take all necessary steps to implement the SMART Plan.

Two Major Activities Moving the SMART Plan Forward

To ensure the community is included in the planning and visioning process to select the best technology and highest, best land uses along each corridor there are two separate major activities occurring for each corridor as follows:

RAPID TRANSIT CORRIDORS (ALPHABETICAL ORDER)

Beach Corridor

Midtown Miami-Miami Beach Convention Center

East-West Corridor
Miami Intermodal Center-Florida International University

Kendall Corridor

Dadeland-area Metrorail stations-Krome Avenue (West Kendall Terminal)

North Corridor

MLK Metrorail station-NW 215th Street (Dade-Broward County line)

Northeast Corridor

Downtown Miami-City of Aventura

South Dade Transitway

Dadeland South Metrorail station-SW 344th Street Transit Terminal (Florida City)

BUS EXPRESS RAPID TRANSIT (BERT)
COMPLIMENTARY NETWORK

BERTS LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER

DESCRIPTION

Beach Express

• North – Miami Beach Convention Center to Golden Glades via I-95
  • Central – Miami Beach Convention Center to Civic Center via Julia Tuttle Causeway
  • South – Miami Beach Convention Center to Downtown Miami via MacArthur Causeway
Flagler Corridor

Downtown Miami to West Dade via Flagler Street

Florida’s Turnpike Express

• North – Dolphin Station to North Miami-Dade via the HEFT
  • South – Dolphin Station to SW 344th Street via the HEFT
Northwest Miami-Dade Express

Palmetto Metrorail Station to Miami Gardens Drive Park & Ride via Palmetto Expressway and I-75

South Miami-Dade Express

Dadeland North Metrorail Station to southern Miami-Dade County via SR-878, SR-874, and Florida’s Turnpike

Southwest Miami-Dade Express

Dadeland North Metrorail Station to Miami Executive Airport via SR-878 and SR-874

Miami-Dade TPO

--------------

Dawg, the thought of light rail & express buses all over Miami-Dade County makes me cry tears of joy:wow:......:sadcam:

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Of the six corridors in the SMART plan, the Florida Department of Transportation is to cover the cost of three. The county is responsible for funding the other three: the South Corridor, the 20-mile long transitway in South Dade connecting Florida City to the Dadeland South Metrorail Station; the East-West Corridor, the 11-mile span from Florida International University to the Miami Intermodal Center at the airport; and the Beach Corridor, the 11.5-mile span from the Miami Design District through the MacArthur Causeway to the Miami Beach Convention Center.

The Beach Corridor and the East-West Corridor studies will probably be finished by summer 2019, Transit Director Alice Bravo said, while the South Corridor studies should be finished by December of this year.

Frustrated with Smart plan, county seeking private transit partner - Miami Today

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
shyt, lowkey they already do.

Everytime I touch down I hop on that 32 or 22 bus (I think?) from the airport to south beach.

But what you posted might be better :ohhh:.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:hhh: What's wrong with being around mainly black people?
Because you’re not:dahell:

ATL is still majorly white if I’m not mistaken and I haven’t lived in a majority white city with no diversity in decades.

I like doing different shyt sometimes.. sometimes I wanna be by a beach and chill, not visit. Sometimes I like exotic shyt.. not transplants from Kentucky or some shyt that feel like they made it by coming to Atlanta :dahell:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
shyt, lowkey they already do.

Everytime I touch down I hop on that 32 or 22 bus (I think?) from the airport to south beach.

But what you posted might be better :ohhh:.
The 22 doesn't take anyone to the beach.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And traffic is the main reason as well. Everything spread tf out and takes 1hour just to do shyt regular shyt. Going to eat was a 1hour drive

Daps
miamibridge.gif

200.gif