MICHAEL JORDAN COULD HAVE BEEN THE GREATEST POINT GUARD OF ALL TIME....

Daps
Why such venom towards the OG???? It's funny to me that on the levels where more set plays and different variations of offense is ran (high school and college), full court presses and traps are still employed. What exactly makes pick and roll offense so unique to scheme against?
Since this is centered around Oscar's comments regarding the Warriors and what defenses are failing to do against them/Curry -

If I’ve got a guy who’s great shooting the ball outside, don’t you want to extend your defense out a little bit?” the 77-year-old Big O said Thursday. “I just don’t think coaches today in basketball understand the game of basketball. They don’t know anything about defenses. They don’t know what people are doing on the court. They talk about analytical basketball and stuff like that.”

They double-teamed me an awful lot during my career,” said Robertson, who in 1960-61 became the first and only player in league history to average a triple double. “I look at games today, and they’ll start a defense at the foul line. When I played, they were picking you up when you got the ball inbounds. So it’s a different strategy about playing defense.

(Curry)’s shot well because of what’s going on in basketball today,” Robertson said. “In basketball today, it’s almost like if you can dunk or make a three-point shot, you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread. There have been some great shooters in the past. … But here again, when I played years ago, if you shot a shot outside and hit it, the next time I’m going to be up on top of you. I’m going to pressure you with three-quarters, half-court defense. But now they don’t do that. These coaches do not understand the game of basketball, as far as I’m concerned.
Take a good guess why you don't see teams pressuring Curry like this.

:mjpls:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
That's not what I said.
And that's not what the Jordan rules were.

Man you kids from this era have the WOAT understanding of sports

:snoop:
You have nothing of substance to say on this, or at least if you have I haven't seen it. At the least I guess you're self-aware enough to hide your ignorance behind cliche "kids these days" rhetoric whilst making no argument whatsoever.

Daps
Is Currys game complete? Will he ever lead the league in steals? Will he ever get Defensive Player of the year? Will he get his 1st Finals MVP? Can he sustain dominance over a 10 yr period?

Just a couple questions thats all. :mjpls:

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Watching the first video, and I can't help but notice the ball movement, spacing, hitting open shots, and most importantly......playing full court defense and trapping. Oscar was right about something....these coaches are very lazy when it comes to coaching defense. Just score and run back to your 3 point line an wait to get pick and rolled.
The thought of full court pressing one of these 99 speed rating guards like Wall,Westbrook,Lillard :no: