Microsoft Flight Simulator | The Power of the Cloud(s) (PC, Xbox Series X|S, The Cloud)

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
My uncle had the old school ones and I remember playing it a few times. Even had the joystick for it. Definitely getting this when it's released. Looks interesting plus the advances in technology and graphics in the past twenty years gonna make this one great.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to wind up building a PC and getting some peripherals for this. FSX was pretty addictive and this looks to be the same. I was watching some of the recent gameplay they released, flying over some cities in Europe. I saw some framerate drops and was like :shaq2: it's so densely populated it's stuttering. But then I caught myself and was like look how densely populated the autogen is
giphy.gif

:wow: technology is a MF. It's still pre alpha so things should only improve. I'm eager for them to start letting people record their own gameplay.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I'm going to wind up building a PC and getting some peripherals for this. FSX was pretty addictive and this looks to be the same. I was watching some of the recent gameplay they released, flying over some cities in Europe. I saw some framerate drops and was like :shaq2: it's so densely populated it's stuttering. But then I caught myself and was like look how densely populated the autogen is
giphy.gif

:wow: technology is a MF. It's still pre alpha so things should only improve. I'm eager for them to start letting people record their own gameplay.
Mods gonna be insane for this, Red Bull Air Race mods:banderas:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to tell yall years back, that the cloud was in the sky. lol.
yall didnt believe a few of us.
Yo gone learn To DAY.

all jokes aside. this is insane if you think about how far we have come in gaming in general.

MS just gave us the world my friends. thats right. the ENTIRE planet.
How?
Azure servers(cloud) + Bing Map Data + AI + Procedural Generation(thanks no mans sky for biting that bullet)
2 petabytes of data from bing maps makes up the world. Now in game after all the rendering who knows how much data that is. But it wont matter, because of procedural gen, you are only going to have streamed to you via the cloud what you can visually see based on the draw distance they came up with, which seems to be pretty darn far.

I have never played the originals. I remember my older brother's friend had it on his computer and i use to watch him play the originals back as a kid. the idea was cool back then. I've seen other games drop and i knew i wasnt about to get into it. But this my friends, could be a purchase for what it is. an incredible tech demo of the world.

This is less about this game which deserves a ton of props. but more about the future of gaming.

If this can be done, which it can, which i said it could. Then whats Rockstars excuse for not giving us the entire globe? Give me a reason to fly around in airplanes and jets.

The Crew 1 and 2(looks way better than 1) tried to pull of All of the US, some of canada and some of mexico. they did a decent job. but this is what we've been waiting for.

I would advise you to watch this in as high definition as you can. a phone's little screen may not do this justice.

Even thought his video below is from an actual Pilot who's testing the game out. he's takling to the Devs about the tech and they are explaining it in a bit more detail.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was about the game being realized. :francis:

Trying to resist the urge to neg. :stopitslime:

Could've posted this in the thread made. :gucci:
is it a game being realized. I have no idea where the original thread is. i did a quick search on the first 3 pages. thats far as i'm looking.
but this really aint about the game because I'm personally not into flight simulation games, even though i think they are pretty dope as far as trying to be accurate to flying and what not. but thats not my cup of tea. but what I do want to discuss is what i've said years ago about this dang MS CLoud(cloud period to be honest). that 90% of those in here tried to flame us for. )

I also told people in that GTA thread how they technically could produce the entire World. and for people to stop having little ideas and go big. they can pull it off. now we know its a fact and there is now a roadmap to how it can be done.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
is it a game being realized. I have no idea where the original thread is. i did a quick search on the first 3 pages. thats far as i'm looking.
but this really aint about the game because I'm personally not into flight simulation games, even though i think they are pretty dope as far as trying to be accurate to flying and what not. but thats not my cup of tea. but what I do want to discuss is what i've said years ago about this dang MS CLoud(cloud period to be honest). that 90% of those in here tried to flame us for. )

I also told people in that GTA thread how they technically could produce the entire World. and for people to stop having little ideas and go big. they can pull it off. now we know its a fact and there is now a roadmap to how it can be done.
True that. Technology gonna keep getting crazier and crazier. Especially with a game like this.

@Responsible Allen Iverson should have a thread somewhere around here.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True that. Technology gonna keep getting crazier and crazier. Especially with a game like this.

@Responsible Allen Iverson should have a thread somewhere around here.
why did we lose that feature when starting threads where it would be searching the threads for you to keep you from making the same thread topics? that was by far one of the better Mboard features i've seen in a minute.