Migos is looking at 200K (30-40k pure) first week with Culture 2

larryshogunz

Southside...
Daps
Some of y'll cats are tripping with this "these are good #'s" shyt...

If this were anyone bigger, it would be considered an L.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Culture 1 was a single album, Culture 2 is a double album (sales count twice), so the true number of Culture 2 is 100k

hes not lying. Double albums count as double the sales via the RIAA.
The thing about the 90s double albums is, the album cost usually twice (or even higher due to packaging say $25-35 for the cd) so counting it twice made sense even though it was still in 1 cd holder.

with streaming, it just means they are listening - technically - twice as long, so really shouldnt be counted as a double sale - but it is
Yall keep posting this, the physical aint out yet. This applies next week on.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
So they aren’t on that elite tier for sales with Kendrick and Drake :yeshrug:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y'll cats are tripping with this "these are good #'s" shyt...

If this were anyone bigger, it would be considered an L.
This wouldve been the what 4-5th biggest first week last year? Not sure if you just a clown

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I spoke on this. It peaked over a month ago and only went gold. Nowhere near Culture 1 where they had several multiplats.
But those multi-platinum singles came after the album dropped so nothing you are saying makes sense.

I'm pretty sure a few of the songs will catch on just like the last album

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so where the 30-40k physical sales come from then :pachaha:
Yoy can digitally buy an album, retard. Not everything digital is a stream...
But those multi-platinum singles came after the album dropped so nothing you are saying makes sense.

I'm pretty sure a few of the songs will catch on just like the last album

B&B, call casting and Tshirt were out b4 the album. Slippery was the first to come after it was released.

All these songs were peforming way better than motorsport. The other two singles are a joke compared to the first album. They aint got nowhere near the same buzz

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:gucci:........you talking about the system and how streaming or whatever the fukk you are referring to works...That dude was saying the album sucks...but if they were to limit it down to to 13 tracks or so it could have been a much better project.

And your nerdy ass is talking about the odds of singles from the album popping on singles charts. He talking the sound of quality and you are talking the art of manipulation...2 different things entirely....
Is the thread about sales or am I out of my mind?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Yoy can digitally buy an album, retard. Not everything digital is a stream...

B&B, call casting and Tshirt were out b4 the album. Slippery was the first to come after it was released.

All these songs were peforming way better than motorsport. The other two singles are a joke compared to the first album. They aint got nowhere near the same buzz
Okay so its Too early to tell.

Migos just released more singles about 2-3 weeks ago before the album dropped.

So this isn't a valid argument. We can't compare because they did not release singles as early as they did with the first album and that is probably because they released all of those joint projects and that compilation.

Stir Fry is gonna catch on.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
300k first week are solid numbers, remember that streaming does more for the coming period than the first week.
With the old ways we used to consume music, we all ran and bought shyt and then it dropped. Now if we like it we continue to listen and the sales keep on coming as long as we listen.

Minus Outkast, Wu with the second and BTNH, I can't think of too many REAL groups (i.e. not Eminem + weed carriers or 50 cent and crew, The Throne, Young money etc) that have done those FW#s. As far as popular hits goes, basically only Outkast. So if they also start selling out arenas, they might actually be top 3 biggest group :manny:
Nope.

You cannot compare first week sales numbers from groups in the 90s (where people actually had to travel to a location and pay money just to be able to hear an album) to streaming numbers which tracks what is being listened to when you don't have to pay money to listen to any one particular artist.

They are two completely different things that should never be compared. :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: hex