Mikal Bridges: 'Let's Go Knicks' Chants at Nets' Arena Feel Like 'an Away Game'

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Mikal Bridges wasn't pleased with the crowd at Barclays Center following the Brooklyn Nets' 108-103 loss to the New York Knicks on Tuesday.

"It's not fun when you feel like you're in an away game at home," he said of the "let's go Knicks" chants that echoed throughout the stadium, per Brian Lewis of the New York Post. "That's for any person sitting in here, any person alive; it's not fun."

While Bridges' position is not surprising, the Knicks are one of the most popular teams in the NBA with a national fanbase who are located in the same area as the Nets. It is far from surprising their fans took over the arena at times, especially as New York put the finishing touches on a win.

The game was tied at 101 with one minute remaining when Julius Randle dunked and then assisted on a Josh Hart layup on back-to-back possessions.

New York never trailed from there, although Cameron Johnson had an opportunity to tie it in the final seconds with a three-pointer that didn't fall. Fittingly, it was Randle who hit the ensuing free throws to put the game away.

He finished with 30 points, nine rebounds and seven assists behind 10-of-19 shooting from the field and 2-of-2 shooting from deep in a brilliant performance. Jalen Brunson also played well and tallied 30 points and four assists in the win.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Put it like this...

In NY terms, the Brooklyn Nets lace and double tie their Timbs when it's apart of their fit.

That should tell you all you need to know about how "organic" the Nets place is in NYC.

I'll never forget the goofy nikkas who claimed NYC belongs to the Nets because of their "big three." I was never broken up about them nikkas not choosing NY's team. :mjlol:
That KD, Kyrie, Harden implosion felt so satisfying. Sheesh. :russ:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I won’t stand for no Nets slander in this thread :birdman:
Ugh... yes you will, nikka.

That goofy ass Jared Dudley nikka was y'all peak in NY.:skip:

tenor.gif

Speaking of that goofy nikka Dudley.... He always had the type of face and demeanor of a nikka who went to women on some, "Hey Tanya, I don't want to bring problems or nothin, but, I was at the club yesterday and I THINK I saw your man. Now, it may not have been him! But, maybe a talk with him or check his phone and you'll probably see I was mistaken. Anyway, be blessed as the sun rays hitting a savana oasis."

Just look at that nikka and tell me he doesn't just make you mad :scust:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Knicks are no different than the Yankees when it comes to NYC

They always no 1:yeshrug:
Foh don't be making it like the Nets are comparable to the Mets
Yankees will always be the more popular team but the Mets have a big fan base of their own

Nets have like no actual fans. It's honestly pretty sad. That arena has no juice

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Ugh... yes you will, nikka.

That goofy ass Jared Dudley nikka was y'all peak in NY.:skip:

tenor.gif

Speaking of that goofy nikka Dudley.... He always had the type of face and demeanor of a nikka who went to women on some, "Hey Tanya, I don't want to bring problems or nothin, but, I was at the club yesterday and I THINK I saw your man. Now, it may not have been him! But, maybe a talk with him or check his phone and you'll probably see I was mistaken. Anyway, be blessed as the sun rays hitting a savana oasis."

Just look at that nikka and tell me he doesn't just make you mad :scust:

What in the hell :laff: :laff: :laff:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bridges is always welcome to try and force a trade. He's earned a chance to get a promotion to the big leagues.