Mitt Romney announces Utah Senate run

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Mitt Romney to announce Senate run in Utah

Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney is running for the Senate in Utah.

Three people with direct knowledge of the plan say Romney will formally launch his campaign in a video on Thursday.

His first public appearance as a Senate candidate is scheduled for Friday in Utah. The people who provided the information asked for anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about Romney's plans in advance.

Romney, who is 70, is seeking to replace Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch, who is retiring after more than 40 years in the U.S. Senate.

The former Massachusetts governor moved to Utah after losing the 2012 presidential election. He is considered the overwhelming favorite to win the Senate contest.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He was done with politics when he lost the national. I wonder if this means his Presidential aspirations are back.

I was thinking about the same after I posted. He would have to pull off some pretty spectacular feats as senator and move the party well back towards the center which wouldn't be easy tasks.

I think there are people on the right who would like to see that(or a similar person to Mitt)but I don't think they have the numbers anymore.

It's an interesting question.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I was thinking about the same after I posted. He would have to pull off some pretty spectacular feats as senator and move the party well back towards the center which wouldn't be easy tasks.

I think there are people on the right who would like to see that(or a similar person to Mitt)but I don't think they have the numbers anymore.

It's an interesting question.

The crazy part of the bolded is during his election run they thought Romney was the one that would take the party far right.

He lost the election cuz his dog rode on the roof of his car :mjlol: Imagine the media using that narrative in this climate.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
gov of Massachusetts > senator from Utah

anyway it beats some wingnut tea party clown.

Agreed on the MA > UT but he failed to win over 'coastal liberals' or whatever term Nap coined. I think coming out of Utah he'll be more attractive to his base and his more centrist approach (compared to current admin) will help him win over some of those coastal libs that he couldn't get the first time around.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Anyone thinks he's gonna run against Trump in 2020? Or is he waiting until 2024?

He's gonna give Trump hell and I think he's gonna give McConnell a run for his money too. At least I hope he does. I hate McConnell. And right now Romney is the closest thing there is to a sane Republican right now.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He was done with politics when he lost the national. I wonder if this means his Presidential aspirations are back.

Can't really see that happening unless Trump goes down in flames.

Remember, during the primaries he made a big speech against Trump, and most Republicans are behind Trump now.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
He's gonna win and likely try to run agains Trump in 2020 to fukk his shyt up. Best chance he could get momentum enough to maybe win a general election.