Mobile to DC - Underground Railroad Ride

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
:salute:

When John Shackelford discovered cycling an entirely new world opened up to him. The freedom that came with it empowered him to access opportunities and a future he’d never dreamed of before. As for many of us, 2020 has made him reconsider where Black people have come from and where they are now. Is there really a difference? Are we all truly free? John has decided to embark on a journey of endurance and determination as a medium to process this struggle. At 25 years old, the age many black men meet their demise, the New York City bike messenger will cycle 1,114 miles along the Underground Railroad, a life and death trek for those who attempted it in the early to mid-1800s.

This is adventure cycling, a discipline marked by a vast underrepresentation of POC. This is a story of activism, adventure
and deep connection to the ancestors along the way. This is a ride of protest, resistance, and hope.

The film documenting his passage is our call to action to act as both witnesses to history while also active participants. We’ve been humbled by the outpouring of support and generosity the teaser has inspired, but we still have a long way to go. With our community behind us, we can fuel John’s dream and capture every second along the way.

Check out our teaser here:

Follow us on Instagram:
@undergroundrailroadride

underground railroad ride

Donate to their GoFundMe
OR buy a shirt here to support

They were just featured on HOT97

Two brehs I know helped plan this and one is riding. Make sure to join em when they ride through your city!

@Stir Fry @videogamestashbox.com @Blacque Butterfly-est @track 1 @SupaVillain @Bubba T @1970s HeRon Flow @Wildin @desjardins @Optimus Prime @jilla82 @Formerly known as... @Mr Hate Coffee @TLR Is Mental Poison @phcitywarrior @Hijo de luna @livewire @Savvir @lamont614 @SNYC @newworldafro @douche @Family Man @MegaTronBomb!

:salute:

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Good shyt.
He was on a YT channel I sub to the other day but never got around to watching it.

Ive been noticing a lot more black folks on bikes the past few years...
...I remember like 10 years ago being called a faq cuz I was cycling...
...now the kids are on it.

Justin Williams been killing the crit scene

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good shyt.
He was on a YT channel I sub to the other day but never got around to watching it.

Ive been noticing a lot more black folks on bikes the past few years...
...I remember like 10 years ago being called a faq cuz I was cycling...
...now the kids are on it.

Justin Williams been killing the crit scene

I acutally met the breh I know who helped planned this when we were in undergrad at UMD. He was the only other breh that rode a road bike so we became friends though that mutual isolation. I'm hyped everytime i see one of us on a road bike, then when peeps are kitted out and clipped in :leon:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Shout out to bruh:salute:
I work from home so the only time I get cardo is when I bike to the grocery store every 5days+/-

:whew:
But for that kinda distance Imma need a conversion kit
(and some solar panels)

71Y4vVS8fiL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin