-mods delete-

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Seen two suicide “jokes” on Facebook in the last 4 hours about this shyt............the 08 recession was one thing but I seen plenty of people bounce back during and after that but the key to finding a job is the speed at which you luck out and get the new one...........

this shyt different.............it delays time for everyone so those already unemployed are finished.........when the jobs open up they going back to the same people who already knew how to do the work..........there won’t be new opportunities.........

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Long term unemployment is shytty, and given the current issues with the coronavirus I can understand why those negative feelings would be amplified enough to drive someone to contemplate that, as they are probably feeling helpless and hopeless.

But asking people if they would kill themselves in an attempt to use that to make a decision to kill yourself is worrisome to me. Please don’t use this site to figure out if you should kill your self. Please talk to a counselor breh.

**People have said in other threads that Amazon and many grocery stores across the country are hiring. Get out there and go apply!!!!!

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There will be some opportunities because not everyone is going back. Some employers will use this as an excuse to get rid of certain employees. Some empoyees will use the time off as an opportunity to aplly elsewhere or to start their own thing. There will be some holes to fill.

I would use the time off to upgrade and update your skills, to see what type of business i could start and who i could partner with, see what type of subsidies I'm eligible for and see if i could get a loan since interest rates are about to be really low (that part would be hard if you are not currently employed). I would definitely look into anything that is directly or loosely related to the health care industry. Same thing for jobs if you go in that direction.

Suicide is not an option for me because none of this shyt is real. It's not that serious. You could move to any state in the USA amd start fresh. You could go anywhere in Canada and you get similar opportunities.

Good luck breh

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Suicide doesn't solve the problem!

A lot of people will lose their jobs, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be homeless, if they have family or friends.

I don't know about y'all state, but when I commute to work, I see billboards near the freeway advertising for employment. Uline is one of them looking for warehouse workers.

For the time being, folks looking for work may have to take what they can get and possibly go back to school or take up some trade level courses to expand one's marketability..

Better than taking one's life and facing spiritual repercussions..

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
No
I know they don’t care about me when I’m employed
The tweeters aren’t either
It’s the ones that are extremely happy with their jobs and lives that need to be watched.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff: naw because I used to be unemployed for years at some points in my life and I survived. :yeshrug: I can take the embarrassment, humiliation, broke or bummy jokes and etc. It even got to the point where I've even made fun or tried to flip my failures and shortcomings into comedy as a way of coping with that shyt because that shyt can really keep you in a rut after awhile where you just give up on searching. Yeah, I've thought about the s word too enough times too but I wanna live though. It ain't the answer to solving problems. Dont be afraid to seek help or talk about your issues to a professional if you do or feel you cant cope.

Last edited: