MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh I disagree. I watched it recently, maybe a year ago or year and a half and it's not that good. Chris is funny but the movie is just a mess. It's Bret Ratner trying to make a beverly hills cop movie and it just doesn't work. Sheen and Tucker have really no chemistry together and Sheen can't decide if he wants to be in a comedy or a drama, it's racists as all hell lol, and outside of Chris, no one else is funny. Movie just doesn't work as a narrative.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Breh I disagree. I watched it recently, maybe a year ago or year and a half and it's not that good. Chris is funny but the movie is just a mess. It's Bret Ratner trying to make a beverly hills cop movie and it just doesn't work. Sheen and Tucker have really no chemistry together and Sheen can't decide if he wants to be in a comedy or a drama, it's racists as all hell lol, and outside of Chris, no one else is funny. Movie just doesn't work as a narrative.

My standards for buddy films aren't very high and this one is above average IMO :yeshrug:

I'm about to rewatch it now though, maybe I got the rose colored lenses on

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My standards for buddy films aren't very high and this one is above average IMO :yeshrug:

I'm about to rewatch it now though, maybe I got the rose colored lenses on

I mean again, Chris is hilarious, but if I'm watching a buddy movie, I want the buddies to click and he and charlie sheen do not work and nothing else around them works. Chris is singlehandedly carrying that movie

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Couldn't agree more. This was actually the movie that made me dislike Ratner and Charlie Sheen was HORRIBLY miscast

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Couldn't agree more. This was actually the movie that made me dislike Ratner and Charlie Sheen was HORRIBLY miscast

The funny thing about it, is that if Sheen was in the movie today, he'd be perfect for it. But he was still too cool for school then and even then, he couldn't effectively play the straight man role because he's not a straight man. Rush Hour is still his best movie and that's just because Tucker and Chan are awesome together and Chan knows how to play a straight man but not take himself so seriously.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah people do sleep on this movie. One of my favorite movies and definitely a classic imo. Chris might have been the only funny person in the movie, but he was enough. nikka had me dying pretty much the entire time he was on screen.

"Yeah, those cop killers hall looking for is down here. They shootin and shyt, slappin' people. Acting a fool, man!"

:dead: every time I see that part.