Morbid question but did anyone here had an ancestor that was lynched or survived one?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I was watching documentaries on the Tulsa pogrom and seeing elderly survivors of that event is just insane to me.

And it got me thinking if there's anyone on the Coli that has a family history of being victims of racial violence.

Also, how come I never heard of any cac that had a grandparent or great-grandparent+ that lynched a Black person or at least attended one?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Our family roots are in Greenwood Ms and we’d visit a lot when I was young. There is a big ass tree next to my cousin nems house called the lynchin tree. That’s what it was called long before my moms mom was born.
U can figure out the rest.
:francis:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have/had a cousin who survived a lynching attempt. Met him when I was in elementary school (over 30 years ago) at a family reunion. He had permanent rope scars on his neck. Don’t remember the whole story, but some white boys caught him slippin’ and roped him up. The rope was weak so it broke and the white boys got scared and left.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Our family roots are in Greenwood Ms and we’d visit a lot when I was young. There is a big ass tree next to my cousin nems house called the lynchin tree. That’s what it was called long before my moms mom was born.
U can figure out the rest.

Out in them hills with the dusty roads.. :wow:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I heard that my great great grandfather was killed by the KKK and fled Florida. Like the older the relative the more worse it probably was.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yessuh it be DARK DARK at night too. All u heard is them loud ass crickets buzzin. Makes u appreciate the dirt under your feet when u look up at one tree and think of all the black lives cut short.
Cacs are devils.

All those homes back there are old plantations.. CACs lived there until slaves got their freedoms and they white people ran off.. The brehs just stayed there while going into town to pay some white person a share of his crop to remain there..

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Yessuh it be DARK DARK at night too. All u heard is them loud ass crickets buzzin. Makes u appreciate the dirt under your feet when u look up at one tree and think of all the black lives cut short.
Cacs are devils.
I'd be shook being in that vicinity honestly. I don't believe in ghosts but I imagine the vibes around that tree to be disturbing.

Daps
My great grandmother's dad had to run for his life when he was living in Mississippi because some devils said they were on their way to get him.

She passed in 2016 so I had the benefit and honor of knowing her very well. I miss that woman.

She once told me about how she remembered when Emmett Till was murdered, how black people all across the nation were in tears and hurting over what those devils did to him.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn’t be surprised if I did tbh. My grandma is biracial and if she was still alive she’d be about 105. My great grandad is white and great grandma black. Put 2 and 2 together and you already know what happened. Let’s just say that relationship wasn’t consensual :francis:
My grandma wasn’t born out of love to say the least :unimpressed:

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
I'd be shook being in that vicinity honestly. I don't believe in ghosts but I imagine the vibes around that tree to be disturbing.
I was shook as a kid. Now it’s different.