More Black folks need to get into the legal recreational/medical weed game.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Imma be honest....from the outside looking in there is opportunity....just a high barrier of entry.
Best believe that black folks is working in these dispensaries...and making money
Its just the red tape and money involved in opening one.
But not just dispensary stuff.
But getting into the product side too.

But for real...shyt ain't funny though knowing white folks making so much money off of legal MJ while there's still mad black folks in prison for selling and/or possessing weed in states where it's now legal. It burns me to think about.

:francis:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
It’s not as easy as you think. It’s not like opening a clothing store. :manny:

Honestly, the best business to get into is selling CBD oil. It’s even possible to work freelance and just sell it for companies if you hustle the right way. Great opportunity there

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

Honestly, the best business to get into is selling CBD oil. It’s even possible to work freelance and just sell it for companies if you hustle the right way. Great opportunity there
True.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
With this career change, me, my brother and one of his bros are seriously contemplating getting into it. They're doing a majority of the leg work as far as what it takes to get your foot in the door, possible next state that is going to legalize and etc. That's not even 10% of it now that big pharma and others are starting invest in it. Supplier may be the route to go

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Also, I personally think America would just be better off legalizing Marijuana and decriminalizing all class 1 drug offenses. Seeing how much weed has benefited to the economy of Colorado is amazing.

But ofcourse we can only hope other states see the successes that it has had and hope to look to emulate those...I dont see it happening in my lifetime though...then again I never thought weed would be legal anywhere in America and here I am in a state where weed is legal.

It's not a solution to all of America's ails but it would be cool to see states continue to push for legalization, expunging/removing the sentences of class 1 drug offenses and freeing people still in jail for weed possession. Not only that. Using the money from legal mj to put back into the community and putting people who previously were jailed for weed back into the job force/market by putting them in positions to work at dispensaries...

Just a thought.
:yeshrug:

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
I feel that .. but do it early . Its getting corporate now and big business tobacco companies are looking into cannabis as it legalizes in more and more states because the federal and state governments are cracking down HARD on the tobacco industry . Just like prohibition getting lifted allowed Budweiser and other liquor companies to bubble OC .. weed will do for these tobacco companies . The catch is these tobacco companies already have the game, distribution , money , scientists and real estate :francis: .

I would try to get into a more artisanal / boutique type of cannabis business . Focus on the product like fine wineries in Napa county . Oddly enough Napa county is where some of the top weed in the world is already growing ... Farmers out there got experience and a market already . They do weed farm tours out there now .

Also in the bay now they are starting to open up cannabis infused food restaurants .. Im sure food trucks will be soon to follow .

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
HuffPost is now a part of Oath

The Youngest Black Dispensary Owner In The U.S. Wants To Help You Understand Weed
By Jamie Feldman
01/19/2018 09:21 AM ET

Snoop Dogg’s affinity for marijuana is something you are probably already aware of. What you might not be aware of, though, is how he is able to function at ― for lack of a better word ― high capacity.

Like many of the misconceptions surrounding marijuana use, a broader education of how the plant works could help to explain.

REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.
Subscribe Now
“Snoop can smoke so much more than the average person,” said Hope Wiseman, a 25-year-old former investment banker. “There’s a reason marijuana works for him and he can function at such a high level with that level of use. I want to be able to really explain that to people, so they can figure out how their usage and dosage can work best for them.”

Wiseman said she will become the youngest black dispensary owner in the country once her medical cannabis dispensary, Mary & Main, opens in Maryland next month.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Seem like everyone selling CBD now and most of the businesses seem janky lol.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right now best legal hustles for Black people to get in is the CBD oil/products like you mentioned and unlocking smartphones