More Than 20 Percent of Women in Miami Live Below the Poverty Line

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
On a surface level, Miami is a prosperous place — new condo towers are forever rising in Edgewater and South Beach, luxury cars are lined up at valet stations, and foreign cash seems drawn to South Florida development like an unscrupulous retiree to a Ponzi scheme.

But beneath that sheen lies one of America's least equal distributions of wealth. And that inequality includes a sizable and worrying gender gap, with more than one in every five women in Miami-Dade County living below the poverty line.

That's according to a new report by the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, which also found troubling trends statewide. The study, which uses data from the U.S. Census and local agencies, shows that the number of women in Florida living in poverty has grown since 2004, from 12.6 to 15.4 percent.

Miami has one of the higher rates of female poverty in the state: 20.5 percent. (That's compared to 16.6 percent of men in Miami-Dade living in poverty.)

That's not the worst rate in Florida — that distinction belongs to rural areas such as Hardee County, where an eye-popping 29 percent of women live below the line — but it is a troubling figure, especially considering that other statistics suggest women are making economic strides in the Magic City.

A full 40 percent of businesses in Miami are owned by women, for example, one of the highest rates in the Sunshine State.

Full Article:
More Than 20 Percent of Women in Miami Live Below the Poverty Line

Zahna

Oodles
Daps
Reppin
SoFlo
I go to school here and the annoying things is almost everyone puts on a wealthy front; taking out loans to live beyond there means. Especially the girls who dropped out and are tryna make it :yeshrug:. Fake it til you make it.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
South Florida is expensive as fukk

Fixed

A lot of these chicks will front like the got shyt going for them when they broke as fukk and one car payment away from getting their shyt repo'd. Don't let these hoes fool you.. they either living at home with their parents or shacking up 3-4 deep. Housing down here is crazy expensive when you consider the average income and the job market.

I am guessing most likely due to single parents household. As someone who grew up in Miami, I will never live there again.:scust: I am in ATL :banderas: great place to be a black man:banderas:

What's the rent and job market like in ATL breh? I'm just waiting to get some personal shyt sorted out and I'm out this hoe.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
I'd love to be able to set some sort of shelter program up to help out some of our impoverished sistas. Also to get to the bottom of how dey ended up in these dire situations. I would have one question for some of the finer applicants....

What dat mouf do? :myman:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Www.seekingarrangments.com

Yoid be surprised how many women sell p*ssy on the side or chase down white men. You got girls paying 1000 for a one bedroom right on us1 and 163rd.

So many scams down here and broke people it's not even funny if you a man of means and want p*ssy like that you in a good spot.

Shonenhikada

Banned
Daps
Lot of sugar babies in miami

8860010_f520.jpg

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Lot of sugar babies in miami

8860010_f520.jpg

I ain't even going to lie. The first time I saw that type of situation was at a beach in Florida. A young chick who was clearly not many years from her teens if she at all. With a old dude, probably in his 50s or 60s. Every time I'm down there I seem to see at least one "couple" like that. These girls aren't ashamed anymore. It has been going on for a long time anyway.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Fixed

A lot of these chicks will front like the got shyt going for them when they broke as fukk and one car payment away from getting their shyt repo'd. Don't let these hoes fool you.. they either living at home with their parents or shacking up 3-4 deep. Housing down here is crazy expensive when you consider the average income and the job market.

What's the rent and job market like in ATL breh? I'm just waiting to get some personal shyt sorted out and I'm out this hoe.

It depends on your budget and what type of job you are looking for. I stay in the city and live near work so I can walk (cut gas money, cut car maintenance money, cut traffic and cut parking money). You can find places cheaper outsides of the city and commute inside or you can live further south which is cheaper. It really depends. With that said, due to influx of people moving here. Rent is rising in the city. Every time I go back, shyt just ain't for me there. I feel at home in Atlanta.