Most Black Mainstream Social Media Content is Dysfunctional AF

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth

This is gonna be controversial...but fukk it. Most black media that gets the most attention on YouTube is dysfunctional

1.) Mental illness displayed on Social Media. This includes any black person demonstrating wild-ass statements on social media, showing any anti-black men/anti-black women disrespectful comments, or showing black-on-black violence (cough *World Star Hip Hop*). :beli:

Most of these websites feed off black negativity to generate traffic leads. Capitalizing off reactions. Folks are unaware. As soon as smartphones became accessible to everyone, that's when it started going downhill. Since there's no regulation on these social media sites, any "loose goose" can make content without being moderated.

2.) Black Content Creators going on at each other. This includes rappers, comedians, artists, or any creative. Folks can't have a mature discussion with each other. Bunch of egos going into attack mode like pit bulls in summer heat. Hit dog holla syndrome.

3.) Black Pill/Red Pill content. Most of these ideologies are examples of absolute thinking. These channels have conditioned young black men to hate women. Programming young black men their lives is over without the pleasure of women. Instead of focusing on other aspects of life, these channels end up turning brehs into incels. :scusthov:

The only black social media content that DOES differ is those that offer a neutral perspective. Providing knowledge/insight into each particular niche. Or fun material.

EXAMPLE

Kai Cenat, stands out because he's a fresh breath of air. Kai promotes positivity, youthful fun, and vibrant energy. Reason why a lot of people rock with him. Cause he's not promoting adverse reactions towards other black creatives nor is promoting a crab-in-the-bucket mentality. This is the reason why he is successful. Kai is smart to realize image and perception is how your brand prospers.

RDCWorld1 stands out because he makes comedy videos. Mocking the latest trends with a humoristic twist

The Internet especially Black Youtube was fun a decade ago. Now it's just a bait for views.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
There’s a segment of Black YouTube I’ve seen that’s full of incels. Dudes making videos of other races of women saying they need black men or crave black men and you watch the video and they don’t say a damn thing about black men, they’re just complaining about men of their own race doing the bare minimum and not being able to wipe his own ass. But somehow some way this means she wants a black man. Please. :unimpressed: I noticed these videos pop up when I used to watch Kevin Samuels and Oshay. Now I cut out damn near every black YouTube that relates to gender except one dude as well as Aba and Preach. So many pathetic videos of dudes asking women on the street if they like black men. Where did this desperate need for validation come from?

There’s some female black YouTubers that exclusively cater to these black incels and shyt on black Women on video after video after video (Crimson Cure;etc.) and yet all of them are single.

shyt is sad out here.

There’s few black social media outlets I fukk with. I really like the positive pages on instagram especially. But even those sometimes are overtaken by thirsty dudes. I was following one positive ig for black dads and they started posting thirst traps of hoes. shyt made me unfollow.

This is the stuff I follow.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Aba and Preach are the best black YouTubers and it’s not even close. On some man shyt but don’t hate women. Have curated a positive platform that expresses male vulnerability but does so in a masculine way. Positive, funny, upbeat. Can’t be topped.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
This is gonna be controversial...but fukk it. Most black media that gets the most attention on YouTube is dysfunctional

I don't consider that Black youtube.

Marques Brownlee
Kenny For Real
RDC
UrAverageConsumer
Primm
Benjamin Dixon

I think of these names when I think of Black YouTube.

And there's tons of other smaller channels that make great content, that video was just picking on dating videos that children watch. It's like saying most American music is trash and ranting about Taylor Swift or whatever other pop music is popular with the lowest common denominator.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Your favorite poster's favorite poster.
Where did this desperate need for validation come from?
The anti-black male part of social media and in real life. The bird babble, and so on. The part that will claim a black man is coddled as he's getting shot by the police at a rate far exceeding other groups unfairly, the part that will claim that will claim little black babies should be aborted and all that. That, along with the white supremacist aspect and then some black women parroting white supremacist talking points, we should honestly be glad that the only thing these boys are doing is making pathetic videos and not shooting up places. A grown man might be fine but a kid, less so.
I do put more of that on 4cac than anything but a lot of that has to do with the lack of black male spaces. For whatever fukking reason whenever one is created, there is some odd ass need to open it up to everyone else, watering it down in regards to it's function and usefulness.
In any case, everything is connected. If you ignore these kind of things, they will come back to bite everyone in the ass. Everyone.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
At some point in the 90s Black people became the offical face of debauchery and immorality..rap didnt help.

America had always tried to assign and pile all known debauchery onto Blacks. White Americans loved having a crutch to take all the blame. Its sad Blacks took that baton and ran with it.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My issue isnt so much with content creators doing what they do. My issue is with our spaces that are considered "black media" actually posting nonsense. Basically leaning into all the foolishness,which only encourages people to make more stupid shyt. But if people want to make stupid shyt,fine. But i feel like we do need more proffessional media spaces.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Depends on what you are looking for. If you looking for entertainment then yes all you are gonna find is that type of content but it's the same with any group not just black people/content. I'm a gamer and there is a ton of dysfunctional gamer/streamer/tech reviewer beefs if you want to watch it but there is also tons of content not about that. The way algorithms work it can make it difficult to get away from much of the bs if you view a video or two like that but I find using the dislike button helps.

Gifted one

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
There's quite a few IG Pages dedicated to black history, their content is filled with archival images, archival video reels, etc. To my understanding, they're ran by black people. Following a few of those pages kinda helps my algorithm :manny: