Most overrated hip-hop albums: Jay-Z - The Blueprint

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Here we go :shaq2:
First of all, to all :angry: nikkas, I think jigga is the best rapper ever. But I simply dont understand why this album is often named his best or on par with Reasonable Doubt.

I think this album is corny as fukk. It marked the beginning of euro HOV, there is somethin missing, some rawness I like in jiggas previous records. Even vol 3 has some dope shyt like Put Ya Hands Up which goes hard. If we go track by track I dont see what is so classic about it:

1. The Ruler's Back - 3/5 track at best. skippable shyt.
2. Takeover - i liked it at first but it got played out fast. cant listen to it anymore.
3. Izzo (H.O.V.A.) - :ehh:
4. Girls, Girls, Girls - corny trash
5. Jigga That N***a - :ehh:
6. U Don't Know - great track
7. Hola' Hovito - :ehh:
8. Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love) - might be the best track on the album
9. Never Change - :ehh:
10. Song Cry - :ehh:
11. All I Need - good track
12. Renagade - good track
13. Blueprint (Momma Loves Me) - :ehh:

So how is it a classic album? I think RD and vol2 easily shyt on it all over.

I want to hear what you think about this album and how often you play it, brehs. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: Of all the overrated, wack albums in hip-hop, you really think the Blueprint is the most overrated? Jay can be boring as hell, but the MOST overrated tho??

Daps
:deadhorse:

no one who wants to be taken seriously would say that was anything more than okay record with some good joints, GRODT is the right answer here

Who rated it so high? Who determines how high it should be rated? If you think it was overrated does that mean you overvalued it?