Mother of mass shooter cac gets charged with Manslaughter

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Jennifer Crumbley, the mother of the teenager who killed four people at a Michigan high school in 2021, admitted under cross-examination at her manslaughter trial that she and her husband gifted their son the firearm later used in the attack.

“We didn’t just hand him a gun as ‘here you go son,’” she testified. “It was something he could use when we went to the (gun) range as a family.”

She testified a day earlier that she entrusted her husband with securing the firearm. However, she admitted under cross-examination that she did not trust her husband to get out of bed in the morning, mow the lawn to her liking or update her on his whereabouts.
But this is the person you entrusted with a deadly weapon?” Oakland County assistant prosecutor Marc Keast asked.

“I did,” she said.

The cross-examination came toward the end of Jennifer Crumbley’s trial on four counts of involuntary manslaughter for her role in the November 30, 2021, mass shooting at Oxford High School, which left four students dead and seven others wounded.
After she completed her cross-examination Friday, the defense rested its case, and the prosecution and defense then followed with closing arguments. The jury was dismissed for the day and will return on Monday for instructions and deliberations.

Jennifer Crumbley’s husband, James, is scheduled to go on trial on the same charges in early March.

The case represents an unusual and novel legal strategy to try to hold the parents of a school shooter personally accountable and stem the scourge of mass shootings in America.

The prosecution has argued she is responsible for the deaths because she was “grossly negligent” in giving her then 15-year-old son a gun as a gift and failing to get him proper mental health treatment despite warning signs. The prosecution rested its case Thursday after about a week of testimony from shooting victims, law enforcement officials, school officials and those who knew Jennifer Crumbley.

However, the defense has argued that the blame lay elsewhere: On her husband for improperly securing the firearm; on the school for failing to notify her about her son’s behavioral issues; and on Ethan himself, who actually pulled the trigger. Jennifer Crumbley, the only witness called, expressed no regret.

“I’ve asked myself if I would have done anything differently, and I wouldn’t have,” she testified Thursday.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
good-great.gif

The prosecution has argued she is responsible for the deaths because she was “grossly negligent” in giving her then 15-year-old son a gun as a gift and failing to get him proper mental health treatment despite warning signs. The prosecution rested its case Thursday after about a week of testimony from shooting victims, law enforcement officials, school officials and those who knew Jennifer Crumbley.

However, the defense has argued that the blame lay elsewhere: On her husband for improperly securing the firearm; on the school for failing to notify her about her son’s behavioral issues; and on Ethan himself, who actually pulled the trigger. Jennifer Crumbley, the only witness called, expressed no regret.

Charge em all
Let's get this guilty verdict

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal