Movie cliches that never happen in real life...

Penny 95

Pro
Daps
Cars never run out of gas or malfunction during car chases
Every action star has the same head wound that is covered by their hair, but the blood trickles down their forehead
Everyone shows up to the party/function on time.
No one ever blows their eardrums from shooting guns indoors
Black people dying first. (Black people wouldn't be the first to die, because we would be the first to leave)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Along the same lines. If a man is a ex cop/ army member, he is ALWAYS the baddest man in town when it comes to hand to hand or weapons combat.
add to that driving skills

i didn't know the army teaches all it's cadets stunt driving techniques

also torture... every bad guy outfit has an expert torturer.. only to be beaten by the ex army guy who literally laughs while being tortured

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
439154_v1.jpg

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Superheroes catching people out of midair.

The speed of the fall + collision with a nigh-invulnerable body = instant :deadrose:.

The only time I've ever seen this acknowledged is when Spider-Man's girl Gwen Stacy died. They straight up said there was nothing he could've done when she fell.

And that Sony exclusive show Powers acknowledged it as well. A cop with no flying ability jumped off a building to rescue a girl who tried to see if she could fly and a real flying hero had to rescue them. Hero was on some :damn: "You dumb b*stard! Do you know how hard it is to save a person falling at terminal velocity? What were you thinking?" :deadmanny:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Stopping a bomb by cutting a single wire on the last damn second or last millisecond like .01 seconds left :stopitslime: fukk outta here.

Women beating men up. I dont care what any of you say, if you have a solid build there should not b a single damn woman on the whole planet who you shouldnt fukk up if you had to.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Stopping a bomb by cutting a single wire on the last damn second or last millisecond like .01 seconds left :stopitslime: fukk outta here.

Women beating men up. I dont care what any of you say, if you have a solid build there should not b a single damn woman on the whole planet who you shouldnt fukk up if you had to.

I let it go for a lot of shyt I watch but I remember that getting to me big time in that one movie where Kelly Hu beats up Scott Adkins' character in The Tournament. :mindblown:

Had to stop the movie after she bodied him. At one point she kicked dude in the chin hard enough to make him do a back flip :comeon:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
true steels

id be on my own during the zombie apocalypse on some, "you all can play with Rick and friends if you want to...

IM OUT!"
:salute:
Word is bond; After I survive one of Rick's many horrible decisions , I'm breaking off from the group in the night with one or two people.

They ruin any place they move to.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Yo I'm tired of all movies and tv shows where everyone has the nicest house/apartment ever. Hollywood needs to cut that shyt out, you know damn well only the upper class can afford to live like that, they be having penthouse apartment on a interns salary.. The average American lives in an average house that looks like your basic apartment and even them shyts are expensive. And why is it mandatory that every one has 6 pack abs and an extremely hot and single neighbor who is super cool and not a stuck up bytch that most really attractive women are? I watch arrow and everyone on that show has a 7 pack but all they eat is cheeseburgers and drink soda

I think the housing thing just has to do with easier camera accessibility. The only show I can think of right now that has major scenes within a true sized apartment is "Everybody Hates Chris." However even with that show they make sure to film most of the activity on the streets or in the school.

But yeah, I get what you're saying 100%. I actually feel this way with hip hop videos actually. I'm tired of the club videos or block party videos.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A person commuting across the city to your crib just to have a 30 second conversation...

Fist fights with clean shots to the face that last for more than 2 minutes...

An adventurous charismatic fun loving handsome athletic middle aged guy simping over a girl he nutted on when they were in highschool...Successful men meet other successful women and move on...

Arguments with people allowing each other to finish their yelling before theiy yell back...All the arguments I have witnessed are of people screaming in each other's faces at the same time...

A person arrives at his destination...Steps out the car...Buttons his suit...Looks around, and then walks towards the important people waiting for him...

A single mother working as a waitress but lives in a pristine 3 bedroom condominium...

Female Detective in 3 in high heels chasing after a male criminal with significant head start, and still catching him...

Badass male hero easily defeats 3 linebackers in a fist fight, but fails to KO female lead, with multiple clean shots to the face...

Female lead with the body of an anorexic supermodel tossing dudes around like handbags...Ronda Rousey a trained athlete and fighter was put to sleep with a single kick to the head...Male fighters get put to sleep with single shots...But a 110 lb cheerleader still manages to fend of her assailant after getting a beat down...

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Along the same lines. If a man is a ex cop/ army member, he is ALWAYS the baddest man in town when it comes to hand to hand or weapons combat.
action movie rule is that they can beat his ass really bad, but they just dont kill him

DieHard_2_glass_600.jpg