Moving to Virginia

Mfalme_Perez

In a New York world full of strangers..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
Good morning all,
So I'm making a big move down south in a couple weeks. Me and the family are ready for a slower pace and cheaper rent. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.
I really think this will be good for us. The kids are still little, (4 and 2) and I want to go back to school once my son is in Preschool and my daughter is in daycare.

My question for my VA brehs and brehettes, what is there to do in Va?

Are there museums that are kid friendly?
Beaches? Interesting spots I should visit?
What's the culture like? I'm a New Yorker so I know it's not going to be the same. Any info is appreciated!

Mfalme_Perez

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
You must've already got a house in Virginia :jbhmm:

Not that kinda house:hubie:.

you don’t have to offer specifics but it would help ppl if they knew what part of the state you’re moving to...NOVA...hampton roads etc. :yeshrug:

Sorry, I'm moving to Danville. It's the bottom of VA from the looks of it.

AlwaysLurkin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chesterfield area has nice cheap houses in quiet neighborhoods.Downtown Richmond has museums,nice river front and predominately black.Then the beach is about 2 hours away same with dc..also the mountains aren't too far.Its a cool chill place to live imo.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry, I'm moving to Danville. It's the bottom of VA from the looks of it.

cool...not familiar w/ out there...but I can guarantee you not gonna find a beach out there...VA beach is about 3.5 hours away...as a whole VA is slower than NYC...some may consider parts of VA a better place to raise kids as far as space to grow/play w/o worry...much quieter pace...there’s a lack of culture tho compared to NYC...I dislike the “podunk” feel (compared to NYC) and I live in hampton roads area...I imagine danville is even slower

Mfalme_Perez

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
cool...not familiar w/ out there...but I can guarantee you not gonna find a beach out there...VA beach is about 3.5 hours away...as a whole VA is slower than NYC...some may consider parts of VA a better place to raise kids as far as space to grow/play w/o worry...much quieter pace...there’s a lack of culture tho compared to NYC...I dislike the “podunk” feel (compared to NYC) and I live in hampton roads area...I imagine danville is even slower

That small town feeling is something I got used to when I lived in Vermont, although this might be different from that too. What is Hampton roads like? I'm one of those people that want to know about all the surrounding areas even if I'm not living there. Guess I'm trying to get a better picture of VA period.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Good morning all,
So I'm making a big move down south in a couple weeks. Me and the family are ready for a slower pace and cheaper rent. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.
I really think this will be good for us. The kids are still little, (4 and 2) and I want to go back to school once my son is in Preschool and my daughter is in daycare.

My question for my VA brehs and brehettes, what is there to do in Va?

Are there museums that are kid friendly?
Beaches? Interesting spots I should visit?
What's the culture like? I'm a New Yorker so I know it's not going to be the same. Any info is appreciated!

You got a job lined up? Is it the same as your current salary?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Where are you moving exactly? State is very diverse racially, politically, geographically...

It’s one of my favorite states because there’s really something to do for everyone...

VA Beach is great, we’ll-maintained beaches, tons of restaurants, museums and shyt for the kids...

Out west you’ve got mountains, national parks, hiking and shyt...

Up north...DC...DMV area, obviously tons of shyt there....

Charlottesville...small city charm, great restaurants...

Richmond...bigger city, more urban, great parks, botanical garden, food, historical sites, shyt for the kids to do...

Williamsburg...LOVE this city...lots of historical shyt, Busch Gardens, quaint homes and shyt...

basically VA is a top 5-8 State

Don Diego

All Star
Daps
@Blacque Butterfly-est

Where at in Va.

Living in Richmond or surrounding counties. You will be about hour to hour 30 min from Va Beach.

Its not all that but its a beach

You will also be about 2 hours from WinterGreen thats in the mountains a lil ski spot for winter.

Va has Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, and Water Country. Amusement Parks

We do have museums but being about two hours from DC makes our museums just Ok. A lil road trip aint bad for the fam.

Oh fukk i Just saw you moving to Danville.
:picard:

Aint shyt out there its Country as fukk. You moving from a city to Danville?

If you looking for slow paced you going right place. You will be closer to NC.

Danville though:sadcam:

I got the worst head in life from a Danville broad:mjlit: memories

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That small town feeling is something I got used to when I lived in Vermont, although this might be different from that too. What is Hampton roads like? I'm one of those people that want to know about all the surrounding areas even if I'm not living there. Guess I'm trying to get a better picture of VA period.

I’ll get depressed responding in detail

it’s not what I thought it had potential to be

I’m finally moving this year

that being said I’m single

having a wife/wifey and kids...your situation will be different

I think it’s a good move for a family

Don Diego

All Star
Daps
Where are you moving exactly? State is very diverse racially, politically, geographically...

It’s one of my favorite states because there’s really something to do for everyone...

VA Beach is great, we’ll-maintained beaches, tons of restaurants, museums and shyt for the kids...

Out west you’ve got mountains, national parks, hiking and shyt...

Up north...DC...DMV area, obviously tons of shyt there....

Charlottesville...small city charm, great restaurants...

Richmond...bigger city, more urban, great parks, botanical garden, food, historical sites, shyt for the kids to do...

Williamsburg...LOVE this city...lots of historical shyt, Busch Gardens, quaint homes and shyt...

basically VA is a top 5-8 State

Agree with all but you love Williamsburg breh. Born and Raised in Richmond this the first time i ever heard this said