My AADOS brothers, lots of Africans apologized for slavery, give it a rest

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I am AADOS and some of the recent AA vs. all other Black threads just make me shake my head. Everyone who knows my posts know while I don't tolerate disrespect towards us I am not on this whole AADOS vs. Caribbean/African wave. I graduated from that bullshyt in middle school, ya'll should to the same. Anyway, the one "argument", if you want to call it that, about Africans selling us, while it has basis in fact, is simplified a lot and ignores Africans that fought wars against the slave trade (and lost since the c00ns got guns from Europe). See my post about that here.

Also, you guys know playing up the African 'fault' in the slave trade is a standard right wing talking point right?

Finally, Africans in many places and countries have acknowledged and apologized for their part in slavery (see links below). Nope, it isn't every country but acting like they are proud of that heritage and we should hold some kind of grudge for one act 200-400 years ago (as opposed to slavery, rape, murder and segregation we experienced here for centuries) is really stretching it. I'll just end with the links below.

Benin apology
Ghana apology
King of Iwo people (S. Nigeria, related to Yoruba)
AU Statement on History of Slavery
AU Acknowledgment on Slavery

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Lmao wonder could this same logic be applied to white folks. Since it's a lot of them that feel sorry about slavery not enough to do anything tangible besides symbolic gesture or walking in BLM protest wonder could us american negroes just give that a rest as well.
Give it a rest?

I’m the rawest Pan Africanist on here but chill breh:rudy:

How you gon tell me to give my entire history a rest bruh

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
But to be honest OP it's not that much dynamics to this I don't know why ya'll keep making these threads the only thing nikkas have to learn to do is to function around one another, all this other kumbaya shyt and throwing history in the garbarge can or putting it to rest ain't go change anything imo.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Apologies are cool but what about redress?

fukk is an apology...Germany had to pay the Jews for decades, people were persecuted...

Lol there are entire families in Africa with slave trade money still, still got the plug with Europe, send their kids West, live in the West...

The world owes us, fukk I look like letting anybody off the hook...

fukk you, pay me

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Lmao wonder could this same logic be applied to white folks. Since it's a lot of them that feel sorry about slavery not enough to do anything tangible besides symbolic gesture or walking in BLM protest wonder could us american negroes just give that a rest as well.

I tell these kumbaya motherfukkers to apply it to crackers all the time and they can't make that leap because they blinded by race and don't understand that just because we are the same race, we ain't the same people...

Africans understand that, Asians understand that, Europeans understand that...

Koreans and Chinese ain't gonna let what Japan did to them go...

fukking Serbians ain't letting what Croatians did to them go...

Nigerians beefing right now...

Everybody in the world got some unforgivable shyt happen to them in their history and they hold a historical grudge. It doesn't get squashed.

You remember it and keep it close and until gets redressed, it's fukk you

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about the African Americans who owned and sold slaves. U do know most of those who sold slaves fell to their own trap? They were also captured and made drunk and kidnapped and thrown on the boat. A descendent of slaves did a dna test and found out his paternal ancestor sold slaves to Europeans also. Do they get a pass? Or will they catch a hard time like Africans.
Do you turn the venom on your own family if dna shows your family participated in or outside of America?

I know this logic will be ignored, because most of you who hate Africans don't care, you just need a target to hate becuase you are hell bent on conflct. If Africans all disappeared you woudl turn and consume your own. Self destructive.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin

Seriously man, I am talking about Black on Black beef here where this is given as a reason. I am saying that reason is fallacious.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Give it a rest?

I’m the rawest Pan Africanist on here but chill breh:rudy:

How you gon tell me to give my entire history a rest bruh:gucci:

So am I breh, but "Africans sold us as slaves" is not our entire history and context but people on here acting like it is, that is my point. We have 10X more reasons to build with Africans than resurrect this tired ass canard.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
fukk is an apology...Germany had to pay the Jews for decades, people were persecuted...

Lol there are entire families in Africa with slave trade money still, still got the plug with Europe, send their kids West, live in the West...

The world owes us, fukk I look like letting anybody off the hook...

fukk you, pay me

Name these families and hold them accountable. stop speaking in general terms..