My fukkin OLED TV Broke 🤦🏾‍♂️

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I bought this LG 55" OLED back in 2021 off Amazon. I usually rock with Samsung products but this was on sale for like $1600. TV was fukking beautiful. Picture was vibrant. Colors popping. Blacks were dark and bold. Best TV I had ever seen :ohlawd:

2021 through 2022, smooth sailing. My one year warranty ran out in 2022. Starting at the end of last year, my shyt started acting funny. When I would use the youtube or netflix app on the tv, sometimes it would just freeze and the screen would go black and the tv would just turn itself off. Then it would turn itself back on and off like 3 times before remaining off. I would have to unplug it for 30 seconds to get it to reboot.

It only did this when using Netflix and Youtube. Very strange. I went through all the troubleshooting points to see what the issue is :

-No sleep timer on tv.
-Changed outlets
-Made sure other electronics worked well on said outlet.
-Reset TV back to default settings

Nothing worked. So to bypass this, I would just use my Xbox Series X to run Youtube and Netflix... I mean.. Well.. because it's not like I use it for anything else

:manny:

Yesterday I forgot and ended up using the Youtube app on the TV and this bytch froze and then turned off but this time, it stayed off. And the red standby light on the TV disappeared signaling that the TV had lost power. I cannot get this tv to turn back on.

I've only had this mf for 2 years and 2 months and I'm not ready to spend another G on a brand new TV. I got another 55 inch Samsung LEDTV that ive had since 2018 and that TV still works just fine but this new shyt already done died on me. :gucci:

I hate LG products

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Sounds like an internal component in the tv has gone bad

Sorry for your loss

My 2017 mu6300 still running strong tho
Just called Best Buy Geek squad and made an appointment for Friday to diagnose. Then nikkas charging $100 upfront for the repair man to come out + whatever the costs to repair the tv.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I bought this LG 55" OLED back in 2021 off Amazon. I usually rock with Samsung products but this was on sale for like $1600. TV was fukking beautiful. Picture was vibrant. Colors popping. Blacks were dark and bold. Best TV I had ever seen :ohlawd:

2021 through 2022, smooth sailing. My one year warranty ran out in 2022. Starting at the end of last year, my shyt started acting funny. When I would use the youtube or netflix app on the tv, sometimes it would just freeze and the screen would go black and the tv would just turn itself off. Then it would turn itself back on and off like 3 times before remaining off. I would have to unplug it for 30 seconds to get it to reboot.

It only did this when using Netflix and Youtube. Very strange. I went through all the troubleshooting points to see what the issue is :

-No sleep timer on tv.
-Changed outlets
-Made sure other electronics worked well on said outlet.
-Reset TV back to default settings

Nothing worked. So to bypass this, I would just use my Xbox Series X to run Youtube and Netflix... I mean.. Well.. because it's not like I use it for anything else

:manny:

Yesterday I forgot and ended up using the Youtube app on the TV and this bytch froze and then turned off but this time, it stayed off. And the red standby light on the TV disappeared signaling that the TV had lost power. I cannot get this tv to turn back on.

I've only had this mf for 2 years and 2 months and I'm not ready to spend another G on a brand new TV. I got another 55 inch Samsung LEDTV that ive had since 2018 and that TV still works just fine but this new shyt already done died on me. :gucci:

I hate LG products
Yall don't have a TV repair shop? LG should have a local one contracted to do repairs. When my main board on mine fried they sent out a tech that had a shop about 15 miles from me.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Yall don't have a TV repair shop? LG should have a local one contracted to do repairs. When my main board on mine fried they sent out a tech that had a shop about 15 miles from me.
Nah. I stay in a small town in Alabama. Nearest TV repair is about an hour out or in Georgia. Best Buy was the best I could do since it's 5 mins away.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Just called Best Buy Geek squad and made an appointment for Friday to diagnose. Then nikkas charging $100 upfront for the repair man to come out + whatever the costs to repair the tv.

MIGHT AS WELL BUY
A BIGGER AND BETTER TV...

1600 FOR A 55 INCH IN 2021
IS ROBBERY BTW.

:devil:
:evil:

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss

MIGHT AS WELL BUY
A BIGGER AND BETTER TV...

1600 FOR A 55 INCH IN 2021
IS ROBBERY BTW.

:devil:
:evil:

That was after taxes and the warranty upcharge. Before tax it was $1449. I ain't tryna buy another yet after only 2 years. Wife would look at me like :mjtf: if I spent $1700 on a brand new tv when I could try and get this one fixed for anywhere between $300-$500.