My parents loaned my sister $1,700,000 to buy her first home

Menna

All Star
Daps
So, my sister got married in July and her and her husband live in an apartment in the city. They are looking for a home and found one. In the bidding process they asked my advice and I found out that my parents (basically my mom) made it so it could be an all cash deal. Meaning my sister did not have to sell her apartment right away and did not have to come out of pocket for anything...

I was more surprised at this than my sister was as when I moved across the country for a job I slept on my friends floor for 5 months, my parents loaned me a few grand one time and pestered me to pay it down quicker stating "I hate having debt".

Parents said they would do same for me but im like I lived my life for 35 years without felling, thinking or knowing you would based on how I was treated I would of has a different life if I had any hint feeling or knowling this type of help was even a possibility...

I mean I love my parents but I don't like them...if that makes sense.

I am financially secure and don't need the help because for the past 8+ years ive worked 60+ hours a week for like 48-50 weeks out of the year each year.

(I moved away for a job about 8 years ago and came back home because I felt guilty. I think im just going to move again a few States away prob the Carolinas)

I don't think I'll ever get over the things I did, things I missed out on thinking I needed to save/invest for seven figures when that obviously wasn't the case...I don't think ill be able to fukk with them ever again.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the past 8+ years ive worked 60+ hours a week for like 48-50 weeks out of the year each year.

kevin-samuels.gif

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Not sure why you are upset. Your parents didn't just give your sister money for no reason. They even said they would do the same for you. If that situatuon is enough for you to not rock with your parents anymore, you was already at that point and was just looking for another reason.

Menna

All Star
Daps
Not sure why you are upset. Your parents didn't just give your sister money for no reason. They even said they would do the same for you. If that situatuon is enough for you to not rock with your parents anymore, you was already at that point and was just looking for another reason.
I think the point is that at 35 years old they said they would do the same for me but for 3.5 decades I had no inclination that they would meaning I sacrificed in certain ways in my mid twenties to my mid thirties when I didnt have to.