Nails, Makeup, and Me!

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
I'm starting this thread for those ladies that would like to show case their hair, makeup, and nail design skills.

You can also post youtube videos, pictures of looks, instagrams, and blogs that you like to visit.

Don't be afraid to post here. This a judgement free zone.

Last edited:

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My second pic tutorial on here! I posted one awhile back that @Spike Tarantino did. I'll post that after.

Hope you brehettes enjoy and if you use the look I'd love to see a pic!

1. Apply a wash of magenta to the area just above the crease, this will serve as a transition color
2. Using a darker purple deepen up the crease
3. Apply a light base to the lid using a flat brush to help create a sharp line under the crease
4. Apply a light pink to the inner 1/3 of the lid, a barbie pink to the middle and a vibrant purple to the outter 1/3. Be sure to blend each color in the next to form a soft gradient
5. Use a white liner to line the lower waterline and lashline. Then sweep the same bright purple used on the lid along the lower lashline ( the white liner makes the purple pop)
6. Wing the top lashline and apply mascara on top and bottom lashes.
I paired this with a soft barbie type pink lip (nyx round lipstick - paris)

k4jiid.jpg

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Quick and easy smokey eye:

1. Prime eyelids
2. Smudge a soft black liner into roots of upper lashline and lower waterline.
3. Blend liner out up to crease using a fluffy brush.
4. Cover blended liner with black shadow and then apply a soft brown into the crease to blend out the edge of the black shadow.
5. Apply a matte skin tone to the brow bone and blend down to creat a soft gradient.
6. Place a peachy shimmery highlight on inner tearduct. Add mascara.

ea2ucg.jpg

And @Spike Tarantino looked SO gorgeous with her version!

dyqbh0.jpg

Lana del Rey

Only the ocean can separate us....
Daps
Reppin
Atl
My second pic tutorial on here! I posted one awhile back that @Spike Tarantino did. I'll post that after.

Hope you brehettes enjoy and if you use the look I'd love to see a pic!

1. Apply a wash of magenta to the area just above the crease, this will serve as a transition color
2. Using a darker purple deepen up the crease
3. Apply a light base to the lid using a flat brush to help create a sharp line under the crease
4. Apply a light pink to the inner 1/3 of the lid, a barbie pink to the middle and a vibrant purple to the outter 1/3. Be sure to blend each color in the next to form a soft gradient
5. Use a white liner to line the lower waterline and lashline. Then sweep the same bright purple used on the lid along the lower lashline ( the white liner makes the purple pop)
6. Wing the top lashline and apply mascara on top and bottom lashes.
I paired this with a soft barbie type pink lip (nyx round lipstick - paris)

k4jiid.jpg

That is gorgeous :whoo:

I can't wait to try it for myself!!!

Paradise

Daps
I know nothing about make up. What kind of eyeliner should i get to make the cat eye/winged eye look? Also what do i get to set the makeup so its not all over :lupe:my collar
You would get a gel or liquid eyeliner to make a winged eye. You can get some type of setting spray. Model in a bottle, E.L.F. makeup mist and set, Urban decay all nighter, MAC fix plus. One of these should set your makeup and kind of help keep makeup off your collar.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
You would get a gel or liquid eyeliner to make a winged eye. You can get some type of setting spray. Model in a bottle, E.L.F. makeup mist and set, Urban decay all nighter, MAC fix plus. One of these should set your makeup and kind of help keep makeup off your collar.
thank u:myman:

Paradise

Daps
The art of "baking" your makeup. You use a neutralizing power or a yellow based powered to set your high light. It's a bit much for everyday makeup but if you plan on taking lots of pictures or going out at night I would do this.