Name some athletes you hated but did a complete 180

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
and actually found respect and admiration for. hate is a strong word, and i rarely hate someone. but i always loathed dwight howard. i liked him in orlando, but really came to despise him in la and even more in houston. i was pathetically happy to see him struggle in his hometown in atl. but for some reason, i have no qualms with him right now and i am very much enjoy seeing him play in charlotte. idk, its like his whole demeanor changed and he seems happy. which makes me happy for him.

athletes who i will always hate no matter what and will forever be on my shyt list:
- lance armstrong
- curt schilling
- jeff kent
- bill romanowski
- tiki barber

tumblr_mniz830Fw51qd1veuo1_400.gif

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bron...

My love for Kobe was caught between a rock and a hard place :dame:

A player whose bytchassness early in his career stood opposed to everything Kobe stood for vs. a team (GSW) who's collective bytchassness was an abomination to everything stood for

Bron beating them in the finals tilted the balance decisively :wow:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Kobe

liked him as a kid in 96..i was the first one at my elementary school that had his jersey. everyone was on my dikk :wow:

didnt like that nikka after he drove shaq out of LA cause Shaq my favorite player

came around to him a few seasons back and i appreciated and loved his game, intensity and will to win.

Daps
William gay was a trash corner for a while and then came back as a respectable nickle, locker room leader and fan favorite. Does alot of great community work and advocacy for dv. Probably gonna have a long career as a broadcaster in pitt if he wants

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bron..... though I wouldn't say I really HATED him it's just that after the big 3 formed in Boston I knew bron would be the only player who could stand in the way of their success as he continued to get more dominant every year. Ray, Paul, and KG were always some of my favorite players and I desperately wanted to see them win it all. I wanted multiple titles for them.

I started to like him when he went to Miami, and everyone else started hating him. People went over the top bashing him and it kind of irked me and made me want him to succeed to shut them up.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To a certain degree, Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I wouldn’t say I particularly admire the guy. He’s politically ignorant and can be crass.

But I have an appreciation for how hard he worked at boxing and how skilled he was. After fights he seemed to always treat the other boxer with respect. And in a number of interviews, videos and those 24-7 profiles, he did come across as a decent man.

When you’re a competitor at his level, there’s almost always going to be a degree of arrogance and machismo. But that aside, I don’t think he’s fundamentally rotten the way the media makes it seem. People like Curt Schilling in the OP’s post are far, far worse.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
LeBron

I always thought he was decent, but a tad overrated. I was heated when he stole MVP from Wade in 09. However, he was alright with me when he took his talents to South Beach (My team). Even tho he left Miami, I kinda grew into being a fan of his. He personifies black excellence on and off the floor but nikkas hate him for ridiculous reasons and I find myself rooting for him to shut people up.

Kobe

liked him as a kid in 96..i was the first one at my elementary school that had his jersey. everyone was on my dikk :wow:

didnt like that nikka after he drove shaq out of LA cause Shaq my favorite player

came around to him a few seasons back and i appreciated and loved his game, intensity and will to win.

Same. The 08-11 Lakers were fun team to hate

Short list includes

JJ Reddikk
Tom Brady
Manny Ramirez

Curt Schilling tho. fukk the cac forever