Nashville prison loses heat; no timeline for fixing problem...

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
636328887000909615-NAS-PRISON-TOUR-221.JPG

A maximum security prison in Nashville is without its main source of heat amid bone-chilling cold, and state officials do not know when they will fix the problem.

Riverbend Maximum Security Institution lost hot water pressure Monday, causing the facility's boiler to stop working, said Tennessee Department of Correction spokeswoman Neysa Taylor.

The boiler powers the heating system at the nearly 30-year-old facility. Staff members are still trying to determine what caused the loss of pressure and when the heating system will be back online.

There were 787 inmates at the prison as of Nov. 30, according to state statistics. Riverbend houses many high-risk inmates along with Tennessee's only death row.

More: Nashville heat wave causes air conditioning outages at women's prison

Monday evening, temperatures dropped to single digits in Nashville. The National Weather Service recorded a temperature of 5 degrees at 7:16 Tuesday morning, 24 degrees colder than the "normal value" for the day.

The heat was still out as of 5 p.m. Tuesday, and Taylor said there is still no timetable for when the system will be operational.

The department implemented "emergency procedures," including passing out extra blankets and installing portable heaters, Taylor said.

In a statement, Bobby Straughter, assistant commissioner of operations, lauded the work of the state maintenance staff.

"These folks worked throughout the night in extreme conditions to ensure that everyone was kept safe. We thank them for their service," Straughter said.

David Sexton, assistant commissioner of prisons, said in a statement "the staff and inmates have been extremely understanding and cooperative as we work to fix this inconvenience."

In July, a heat wave overtaxed the air-conditioning system at the Tennessee Prison for Women, a facility home to 782 inmates in northwest Nashville.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...hville-tennessee-prison-loses-heat/995700001/

What I put in bold is a complete lie. Nobody is comfortable or understanding when they have no heat and its 5 outside. shyt makes my blood boil.

I'm telling yall our people are suffering in silence everyday tossed away in slavery. These are awful conditions people have died and will continue to die if we don't get rid of these prisons. They could of been fixed this but they don't care. They enjoy seeing us suffer. Its time for us to become slavery abolitionist and come together to end slavery once and for all in Amerikkka or this will continue to happen.

Everyday slavery continues in Amerikkka is an atrocity.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
What do you expect it’s Nashville. I’m not shocked and any injustice that comes from Tennessee, Louisiana or Mississippi. Those places act like slavery never ended.

That's because it never did. This is what I'm here for now to spread the message of Slavery abolitionism too many of us think Slavery was ended. It never was. Read the 13th Amendment exception clause and get involved with spreading the word. Here it is you can google it.

"The 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Neither SLAVERY nor

INVOLUNTARY SERVITUDE, **[EXCEPT AS A PUNISHMENT FOR CRIME]** whereof the party shall have

been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Here is an article by none other than USA TODAY if you don't believe me...

Yep, slavery is still legal: Column

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
That's because it never did. This is what I'm here for now to spread the message of Slavery abolitionism too many of us think Slavery was ended. It never was. Read the 13th Amendment exception clause and get involved with spreading the word. Here it is you can google it.

Here is an article by none other than USA TODAY if you don't believe me...

Yep, slavery is still legal: Column

I’m well aware of that. It’s a difficult situation we get put in often but the best way to combat it is to stay away from jail. This is a maximum security prison, filled with violent offenders and dudes on death row. Unfortunately they didn’t get there by accident and they right back on the plantation.

I will say the best way to combat this is by having true legal aid and not some court appointed attorney. It costs money but with crowd sourcing we have the ability to spark change.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
I’m well aware of that. It’s a difficult situation we get put in often but the best way to combat it is to stay away from jail. This is a maximum security prison, filled with violent offenders and dudes on death row. Unfortunately they didn’t get there by accident and they right back on the plantation.

I will say the best way to combat this is by having true legal aid and not some court appointed attorney. It costs money but with crowd sourcing we have the ability to spark change.

Please stop telling innocent people just to avoid jail....If it were that simple...Its just an ignorant statement please check yourself.

I agree with you on crowd sourcing for the time being, but we have to get rid of the 13th Amendment exception clause and some of the simple (you where most likely indoctrinated into thinking slavery as punishment for a crime is acceptable in society) logic we apply to slavery. Nobody deserves to be a slave period.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please stop telling innocent people just to avoid jail....If it were that simple...Its just an ignorant statement please check yourself.

I agree with you on crowd sourcing for the time being, but we have to get rid of the 13th Amendment exception clause and some of the simple (you where most likely indoctrinated into thinking slavery as punishment for a crime is acceptable in society) logic we apply to slavery. Nobody deserves to be a slave period.

So can you tell us how u think we should punish rapists and pedaphiles? :sas2:

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

It's crazy tho, on the outs we look at it as cheap labor (slavery) in there they push it's an incintive to work and shine that shyt up. They push it as is we will treat you with decency of you work for us .

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy tho, on the outs we look at it as cheap labor (slavery) in there they push it's an incintive to work and shine that shyt up. They push it as is we will treat you with decency of you work for us .

Manipulation breh it's fukked.