NBA Constantly "Changing" The Rules And Media Flip Flopping

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I don't post in this forum but I may start doing so with the NBA season just beginning. Anyways, I got two issues.

The NBA is constantly "changing" rules or the commentators are saying that to justify calls. Last year when I was watching the NBA you didn't have to be in your shooting motion to get the and 1, but now it seems like they changed it back this year.

Plus I love how the media is flip flopping on the cavs and how well they mesh together. Last year at the beginning of the season they were making fun of the cavs on how they don't know how to work together, teammates don't like each other, Lebron James and Kyrie Irving beef etc.

Now it's "they love playing with each other so much, they mesh so well together on and off the court" etc. Straight dikkriding.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
a lot of rules are just interpreted Inconsistently. Like traveling, illegal screens, illegal contact off ball, handchecking can still be done by smart defenders (Allen, Paul) especially in the playoffs and even before zone was legalized teams still tried to get away with it.

The Cavs actually do look to have more chemistry on & off the floor than this time last season. They obviously didn't like David Blatt. Probably was some tension with the pressure of bringing Cleveland a title but now that they've done that, it's gone

Narratives keep the league interesting to fans so they'll always be there and right now there's a lot of support behind Cleveland (and soon the Spurs, Clippers) against the threat of the Warriors

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
a lot of rules are just interpreted Inconsistently. Like traveling, illegal screens, illegal contact off ball, handchecking can still be done by smart defenders (Allen, Paul) especially in the playoffs and even before zone was legalized teams still tried to get away with it.

The Cavs actually do look to have more chemistry on & off the floor than this time last season. They obviously didn't like David Blatt. Probably was some tension with the pressure of bringing Cleveland a title but now that they've done that, it's gone

Narratives keep the league interesting to fans so they'll always be there and right now there's a lot of support behind Cleveland (and soon the Spurs, Clippers) against the threat of the Warriors
I don't think rules are being interpreted inconsistently. They just use them to justify calls or non-calls. There was a time where if you touched a shooting player's hand after they shot the ball it was an automatic foul? How come that kept changing? They choose when to enforce that and when not to.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I don't think rules are being interpreted inconsistently. They just use them to justify calls or non-calls. There was a time where if you touched a shooting player's hand after they shot the ball it was an automatic foul? How come that kept changing? They choose when to enforce that and when not to.

That's another way to look at it. Sometimes a player will be clearly fouled but the situation will determine whether or not the refs blow the whistle (end of a game, playoffs, home or away etc) and of course superstars usually get special treatment

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus I love how the media is flip flopping on the cavs and how well they mesh together. Last year at the beginning of the season they were making fun of the cavs on how they don't know how to work together, teammates don't like each other, Lebron James and Kyrie Irving beef etc.

Now it's "they love playing with each other so much, they mesh so well together on and off the court" etc. Straight dikkriding.
Winning a championship kinda changes things