NBA Rookies quizzed on NBA knowledge. Doesn't go well

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They do. I just don't think it's mandatory. They also have media training classes, and other classes.

I can't agree. Every serious basketball player that I played with/against/knew main focus was ball. When they weren't playing games, they were playing pick-up and watching and discussing NCAA & NBA ball. How else did they model their games after other players? When college ball was serious, and not the joke it is now, those players were watching the NBA.

There's really no film used in HS ball...at least during my generation. I doubt there is much, if any even now. There also were no 2-a-days, but players did have their own morning workouts periodically. And also, the HS season is 4 months. It starts mid-late November and ends in early March. They really don't play ball again until summer leagues. Everything else they did were on there own time, so you really mean to tell me they aren't watching the game? But they play 2K. Makes no sense not to know how many teams. these players are just lazy and coddled.

Well, it definitely shows why these kids are so under-developed and do not understand the game at all. They're only getting by on athleticism and height.
well i wasn't saying this was always like this, but it's obviously the norm now. it's not like when we was kids. and i'm not talking about somebody who was good in high school/college.. i'm talking about the ones who actually make it to the nba

these days those dudes are on AAU teams from middle school. going to a private coach. playing on the travel team. getting free nike, reebok, etc camps... going to a prep school that is nothing more than an college farm team..

those type of schools and kids, are watching film, working with trainers, focused purely on making the nba. i mean come on. some of these questions could be answered in a weekend of games. scoring leader? it's gotta be MJ, wilt or kareem just off the most basic of knowledge. how many teams in the league? i mean are you watching the playoffs or close to it? they go over the standings and who's in and blah blah like 10 times a game.

for whatever reason, they just ain't watching the shyt like fans.. or they watching it with no comprehension whatsoever

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
You could learn half of this shyt playing 2k for a couple years. This was not a good look for Kelle