Neil Gaiman's American Gods Coming To Starz

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I couldn't even make it halfway through the book before giving up. Just a total slog, but I'll give this show a shot. It has an interesting premise with potential.

This could definitely be one of those exceptions where the show/movie is better than the book.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't this on tonight? I don't have my premium cable package with Comcast anymore so I guess I'll be downloading this.

Haven't read the book yet. A girl in my local coffee that I chop it up with about books/comics swears by American Gods. She also lent me Sandman which I'm reading right now. Gaiman certainly knows how to build worlds so I'll be interested to see how this pans out

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Isn't this on tonight? I don't have my premium cable package with Comcast anymore so I guess I'll be downloading this.

Haven't read the book yet. A girl in my local coffee that I chop it up with about books/comics swears by American Gods. She also lent me Sandman which I'm reading right now. Gaiman certainly knows how to build worlds so I'll be interested to see how this pans out

Nah, the premiere is next week on Starz.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no idea what's this is about, but the Starz preview:fire: is straight PIFF:ohhh::banderas:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no idea what's this is about, but the Starz preview:fire: is straight PIFF:ohhh::banderas:
This is probably the most straight forward explanation I've seen...

American Gods is based on Neil Gaiman’s 2001 novel of the same namethat begins with the premise that gods live among us in America. In fact, there are two types of gods. The old, mythical gods — like Anansi, Odin, Easter — who arrived in America when their believers emigrated here years ago via Viking ships, slave ships, or what have you. Gods are fed by worship (not croissants, as some rappers may have led you to believe), which means the modern age hasn’t been nice on these old ones since belief in them has waned and, in many places, has been supplanted by our devotion to technology and celebrities. This change has led to the manifestation of new gods embodying these consumerist concerns; for example, Media, the goddess of TV. Thus, the stage is set for the main conflict in the series: A war between the old gods and the new gods.