Never Forget: QueenPen - "Party Ain't A Party"

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Never Forget is a thread series where you and I - your host, Taadow revisit some hits we have placed in the attic of our minds. Today, QueenPen f/Lost Boyz, Markell Riley, & Nutta Butta - "Party Ain't A Party".

"B-B-BUT WAS IT REALLY A 'HIT'?"

Billboard Hot 100 Peak: #74
Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Peak: #26
Billboard Hot Rap Singles Peak: #32

AFTERMATH:

- Yeah, she was on "No Diggity" which blew up, and she had the joint with Teddy before this...but we wasn't really trippin' off QueenPen like that. But when this dropped, she had one. Cool li'l cut, nice Earth, Wind & Fire sample she didn't fucc up, did the job at the club/skating rink/what have you.

- for a little bit, this phrase got burn for the ones who didn't know Whodini. "Party ain't gone be a party, 'till I come through..." There was this chick niccas knew as "The Party" because everybody ran though her. Tragedy. But you get my point.

- some scholars* would argue that this is Mr. Cheeks best verse...

- this is further proof that if you rock with Teddy Riley, you gonna get some looks. Who the hell is Nutta Butta? Nobody cared. But he got his few bars in, and had the "Freak Out" single after this which was aight.

- in retrospect, maybe this is where we shoulda left Steve Harvey: cleaning up Da Club after everybody leaves...'cause he on some other chit right now.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
I use to love this song
I never bothered to check out her album, was it any good?

The sample of Earth Wind and Fire's On Your Face :ohlawd:

Daps
Reppin
GSO, NC >>> Land of Oz (KC)
Nutta Butta is ol boy’s name. Then there’s the cookie Nutter Butter. Basically he talking about construction Timbs, same color as Nutter Butter & a double entendre with his name.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Oh man, this brings it back to near 6th/7th grade. I think it was on a Source Hits compilation I had.

Whoever Nutta Butta is, I think he had a solo track on the Bulworth soundtrack, that I used to like as a kid.

That was so long ago wow...

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Oh man, this brings it back to near 6th/7th grade. I think it was on a Source Hits compilation I had.

Whoever Nutta Butta is, I think he had a solo track on the Bulworth soundtrack, that I used to like as a kid.

That was so long ago wow...

Yep.