Mixtapes & EPs [NEW] 90's Reggae-Hip Hop Vol. 2 - DJ Filthy Rich

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
9URDIMt.jpg

For those of you who aren't familiar with the 1st volume, I had an idea to create a series of mixes containing 90’s dancehall reggae artists over 90’s hip hop beats. Everything from popular hits to obscure white label-only remixes, including my own custom blends of 90’s reggae acapellas over hiphop instrumentals from
that time period. What began as a casual one-off “best of” type mix, evolved into a multi-volume obsession.
I even learned to produce my own party breaks just for this project.

The response from Vol. 1 has been great. It's received over 20,000 streams across all platforms and counting (not including downloads), and received blog coverage from the USA to Germany to Japan. Special shout out to DJ Arems, Deejay Theory & Largeup.com for being the first to spotlight it on their weekly feature 'Mixtape Mondays'.
I had some time over the winter break, and finally managed to finish up Vol. 2 of the series. I tried to keep a lot of elements that people liked from part 1, as well as add some new elements to switch it up a bit.
The first 40 mins of this mix starts with an uptempo, early 90's boom-bap feel. The next 50 mins segues into mid-tempo, mid-90's vibes.

I've decided to keep the tracklist under wraps for now. Reason being, I always found it more fun to not know what's next. There was a certain thrill when I heard a dope track, but couldn't identify it. In this age of digital playlists where everything is meticulously labeled, I felt I'd try to bring back some of the mystique of the mixTAPE era. Some of my favourite mixtapes that I bought back in the 90's had no tracklist at all...I had to figure it out for myself. I appreciate those tapes that much more because of it. For those of you who absolutely MUST have a tracklist, I'll eventually type one up and put it out.....but I'll let this mix marinate with you for a bit. A lot of time, effort, and work went into creating this mix, so I hope my experiment works and you find yourself coming back for multiple listens, instead of skimming through it once and forgetting about it forever.

Feel free to contact me with your feedback....I'd love to know what people think (good and bad), and I'm open to suggestions for the next volume.

MIXCLOUD LINK:

SOUNDCLOUD LINK:

I've tagged the people who've commented/dapped/liked my previous 90's Reggae-Hip Hop posts....if you want to be added or removed, drop a post below and lemme know...

@Gordon @Bimothy Slangwell (Slang) @Bugsmoran @King Sun @Sukairain @Wallychamp @King Napz @Lordgodking Nyc @Kunty McPhuck @chiefdogg @BUSINESS AS USUAL @Stacks
@Sane @IronFist @radio rahiem @Lady.Libra. @ajnapoleon @JulesWinfield

Last edited:

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
Mixcloud doesn’t allow me to pon the rewind:mjcry:

That's weird....I can rewind mixcloud tracks no problem on my phone or PC

Ive been looking for reggae tapes like this, I can’t wait to listen to this

It's hard to find good reggae-hiphop mixtapes that are mixed properly & creatively at the same time....so I decided to do it myself. Most of the tracks on here you won't find anywhere else, because they're blends I created. You should check Vol.1 too....you can find it here:
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/dj-filthy-rich-90s-reggae-hip-hop-vol-1.539144/

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
Its because my location (US)

Mixcloud always does that, I hate it though :wow:

I'm gonna upload it on other platforms too...Just keeping it to Mixcloud for now to try and make their Reggae charts. I sent out some early links yesterday, and it's already at #47 and climbing....
I'll update this thread once I have all the streaming links ready to go bruh

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I'm gonna upload it on other platforms too...Just keeping it to Mixcloud for now to try and make their Reggae charts. I sent out some early links yesterday, and it's already at #47 and climbing....
I'll update this thread once I have all the streaming links ready to go bruh

That’s wassup breh, keep hustling, there no quality Hiphop reggae tapes on datpiff. You got some real fire right there :salute: