New music doesn't suck, it's mainstream new music that's sucks

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
A lot of cats here, other sites, and IRL shyt on new music but list every mainstream artists right now. Mainstream music is geared to be non-experimental and "safe", that's why it's mainstream. Good music of the past also gets remembered more.. For every GOAT Top 40 artist of yesteryear like Donna Summer, there was a Top 40 artist that was frankly trash and relegated to the asscheeks of history such as Disco Duck.:yeshrug:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
A lot of cats here, other sites, and IRL shyt on new music but list every mainstream artists right now. Mainstream music is geared to be non-experimental and "safe", that's why it's mainstream. Good music of the past also gets remembered more.. For every GOAT Top 40 artist of yesteryear like Donna Summer, there was a Top 40 artist that was frankly trash and relegated to the asscheeks of history such as Disco Duck.:yeshrug:
to a certain extent, you right. which is why i dont engage in discussion pertaining to pop music usually. I do listen to a decent amount of new stuff that may never make it in a top 40, or on the radio.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Wtf u talking about? Tyler the creator is mainstream and experimental

Same with H.E.R and SZA and Jorja

And the number one artist right now is Billie eillish and her sound isn't safe at all. She doesn't sound like the usual pop singers.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Wtf u talking about? Tyler the creator is mainstream and experimental

Same with H.E.R and SZA and Jorja

And the number one artist right now is Billie eillish and her sound isn't safe at all. She doesn't sound like the usual pop singers.
I agree with you actually. There's some good mainstream music and there's also bad. Just like the past too. I admit I made some generalizations but this post is directed more to oldheads if anything

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
i could do without all the cursing in songs. i know they think its cool and trendy to sing and curse while singing but i think that's ruined musics gift.

also less songs about lust masquerading as love and partying does anyone look out for those dealing with sorrow anymore? :bryan: