n5.gif

n4.gif

n6.gif

n8.gif

n10.gif

n3.gif

Neanderthal_profile.gif

them_and_us_logo.gif

"I couldn't put it down once I'd started reading it... I don't think I've enjoyed a book more than 'Them and Us' in my life."Don Burke. Radio 2UE. 24th September. 2009

danny_vendramini_shadow.jpg

May 12th 2011

NEW FINDINGS SUPPORT
VENDRAMINI'S THEORY
"Who killed the Neanderthals? New dates could hold clues"
"Who killed the Neanderthals?

You might say it’s the coldest cold case in the history of cold cases. And now, scientists have another lead in this prehistoric who-done-it.

It appears Neanderthals died out earlier than thought – roughly around the same time they came into contact with modern humans.

That means a big, hairy, prehistoric finger could be pointing squarely at our ancestors..."

Read more.. at the Se

Kardoorair Press is proud to present Them and Us by Danny Vendramini, the most important theory of human origins since The Descent of Man by Charles Darwin.
neanderthal_front-200B.jpg
Put aside everything you thought you knew about being human - about how we got here and what it all means. After five years of rigorous scientific research, Danny Vendramini has developed a theory of human origins that is stunning in its simplicity, yet breathtaking in its scope and importance.

Them and Us: how Neanderthal predation created modern humans begins with a radical reassessment of Neanderthal behavioural ecology. He cites new archaeological and genetic evidence to show they weren't docile omnivores, but savage, cannibalistic carnivores - top flight predators of the stone age.

Neanderthal Predation (NP) theory reveals that Neanderthals were 'apex' predators - who resided at the top of the food chain, and everything else - including humans - was their prey.

NP theory is one of those groundbreaking ideas that revolutionizes scientific thinking. It represents a quantum leap in our understanding of human origins.

"Danny Vendramini presents a truly unique and innovative picture
of the role of Neandertal predation in human evolution… Vendramini pulls together countless different threads of scientific evidence to re-cast Neanderthals as "apex predators", proverbial "wolves with knives" who were effective rivals with our ancestors…. It has been a long time since I read a book about human evolution that I enjoyed so much."Associate Professor John J. Shea. Anthropology Department & Turkana Basin Institute,
Stony Brook University, New York

dv135b.jpg

neanderthal predation theory

NP theory reveals that Eurasian Neanderthals hunted, killed and cannibalised early humans for 50,000 years in an area of the Middle East known as the Mediterranean Levant (see map, below).

Because the two species were sexually compatible, Eurasian Neanderthals also abducted and raped human females.

Them and Us cites new evidence from archaeology and genetics to demonstrate that this prolonged period of cannibalistic and sexual predation began about 100,000 years ago and that by 50,000 years ago, the human population in the Levant was reduced to as few as 50 individuals.

The death toll from Neanderthal predation generated the selection pressure that transformed the tiny survivor population of early humans into modern humans.

This Levantine group became the founding population of all humans living today.
NP theory argues that modern human physiology, sexuality, aggression, propensity for inter-group violence and human nature all emerged as a direct consequence of systematic long-term dietary and sexual predation by Eurasian Neanderthals.

Vendramini's discovery of the traumatic secret history of our ancestors resolves the last great mysteries of our species - how, why, when and where we became human beings.

It is unquestionable the biggest shake-up in evolutionary theory since Darwin.

Check out Danny Vendramini's
video on YouTube:
Neanderthal:
Profile of a super-predator

It's his take on what Neanderthals
really looked like

"Sometimes it takes an outsider to cut through the most intractable problems of science. That is what Vendramini's approach offers the reader in his daring claims about the interactions between humans and their most famous evolutionary relatives, the Neanderthals."Archaeologist, Iain Davidson, Emeritus Professor of Archaeology, University of New England, Australia. Visiting Professor of Australian Studies, Harvard University

'them'
the perfect predator
Evolutionary detective Danny Vendramini has conducted an exhaustive re-examination of Neanderthal behavioural ecology and physiology. He shows that Neanderthals evolved in ice-age Europe and were a cold-adapted species, very different from the humans who migrated out of Africa. They had thick body fur and flat primate faces to protect them against the lethal cold.

Neanderthals also abandoned their hunter-gatherer lifestyle and diet and became exclusive carnivore predators.

This new portrait of our closest hominid relatives is the key to understanding human evolution.

Read more...

"We've been called the 'third chimpanzee'. Instead, Vendramini asks: Why are we such a distinctively odd primate species -- anatomically, behaviourally, and beset by dark atavistic fears? His thesis that intensive predation by Neanderthals enforced rapid, protective, evolutionary changes offers innovative insight into the many things about 'us' that we might otherwise take for granted. A well-argued case to be answered."Tony McMichaelProfessor of Population Health, NHMRC Australia Fellow National Centre for Epidemiology & Population Health. The Australian National University. Canberra

what neanderthals really looked like
This is how scientists and the media portray Neanderthals, so human-like they wouldn't look out of place sipping a cappuccino in a Fifth Avenue bistro.

But according to Vendramini's research, they looked nothing like this. He believes they are anthropomorphic fantasies conceived by artists and unsupported by the scientific evidence
Danny Vendramini and Spanish digital sculptor Arturo Balseiro scanned a Neanderthal skull then used NP theory and the latest computer technology to generate the most accurate forensic reconstruction of a Neanderthal ever produced.

See what they really looked like

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
These neandethal skulls don't look like apes...

neanderthal.jpg

neanderthal_skull_100.jpg

Australian Aborigines look the most like Neanderthals to me.

Australian-Aborigines-PEO-1065.jpg

australian_aboriginals.jpg

150.1983%23%23S.jpg

When you see the "pure" Out of African lineages in Eurasia, it's pretty clear that there was some hanky panky going on. they clearly look very different and still resemble Africans whereas the Australian Aboriginals and Many of the New guinea highlanders do not. Of course, the Northern West and East Eurasians don't either.

The Andaman Islanders do not have any Archaic admixture. They don't have the Denisovan Admixture that the Australian Aboriginals and New Guineans have, and they don't Neandethal Admixture that West Eurasians, East Asians and New guineans/Australian Abroginals have.

jarawa39_460_landscape.jpg

tribe-kids_2501652b.jpg

The "Pure" OOAs seem to be more gracile, and maintain a youthful a appearance longer. That has been the apparent trend in the modern human fossil record. Towards Neoteny or maintaining youth

jarawa.jpg

The Andamans represent an older and unmixed population of Out of African humans.

these humans come from the same lineage as the Andamanese, but they look very different. in contrast to the Andamans, they look more robust rather than gracile, and they seem to age faster.

4_1coke_man.jpg

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died

button_gallery2.gif

them_and_us_logo.gif

what neanderthals really looked like
Evolutionary detective Danny Vendramini argues in 'Them and Us' that anthropomorphism -our propensity to see Neanderthals much like ourselves- has blurred western thinking on all things Neanderthals.

He argues that facial reconstructions on Neanderthals based on human faces are misleading, and that primates provide a better analogue for reconstructing facial characteristics of Neanderthals.
reconstruction.jpg

Forensic Art (above) by Karen T. Taylor www.karenttaylor.com
profiles.jpg

An illustration from 'Them and Us (above) reveals that the the skull of a Neanderthal (left) fits perfectly into the profile of a chimpanzee, suggesting the appearance of Neanderthals (at least in profile) more closely resembled non-human primates than a modern humans.
ribs2.jpg

Another illustration from 'Them and Us' shows the human rib cage (left) compared to that of a Neanderthal (right.)
forensic reconstruction of the La Ferrassie neanderthal
One of the world's foremost digital sculptors, Madrid based Arturo Balseiro (below) wascommissioned to create a forensic reconstruction of a Neanderthal based on Vendramini's NP theory.
arturo_balseiro1.jpg
scan2.jpg

Above left: Digital sculptor Arturo Balseiro working on the Neanderthal reconstruction. Above right: a museum quality model of the La Ferrassie Neanderthal skull being scanned by a laser in Balseiro's Madrid studio.
computerscan.gif

new forensic reconstructions based on np theory
To use an image on an internet website, simply right click on an image and save.

For high resolution press quality PDFs, click on the link below the image.

All images copyright: 2009: themandus.org See below for license conditions.
neanderthal_front.jpg

Download a high resolution PDF suitable for print media
credit: Them and Us: How Neanderthal predation created modern humans - new book and theory of human origins
Neanderthal_profile.jpg

Download a high resolution PDF suitable for print media credit: Them and Us: How Neanderthal predation created modern humans - new book and theory of human origins
neanderthal_hunting.jpg

Download a high resolution PDF suitable for print mediacredit: Them and Us: How Neanderthal predation created modern humans - new book and theory of human origins
neanderthal_with_spear.jpg

Download a high resolution PDF suitable for print mediacredit: Them and Us: How Neanderthal predation created modern humans - new book and theory of human origins
If you're disturbed by these images, there're a good reason for it. Like other prey species,
humans have an innate capacity to recognize our natural predator. What Neanderthals
'felt' like is hardwired into our genes. Neanderthal predation was so traumatic that
even 28,000 years after the last Neanderthal disappeared, they can still push our

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
New theories say that during the purple dawn(the years when earth was in darkness) that Neanderthals had big eyes like bush babies (not shown in these images I posted) their brain took up a lot of their vision function.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
New theories say that during the purple dawn(the years when earth was in darkness) that Neanderthals had big eyes like bush babies (not shown in these images I posted) their brain took up a lot of their vision function.
This is all an old way of thinking about them though, new evidence has basically pieced together what they looked like. This dude is on some graham hancock type shyt.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
His models are hilarious.

They would be awesome enemies in an Elders Scrolls game.

FWIW, I'm not completely sold on cross-breeding resulting in their demise. Maybe it's just me sticking to what I learned...but I still tend to think that their extinction was a result of them simply being wiped out due to their vocal cords being unfit for the more advanced communication that humans were capable of. They were bigger, stronger, (faster?)...but they couldn't compete with our level of organization.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps

FWIW, I'm not completely sold on cross-breeding resulting in their demise. Maybe it's just me sticking to what I learned...but I still tend to think that their extinction was a result of them simply being wiped out due to their vocal cords being unfit for the more advanced communication that humans were capable of. They were bigger, stronger, (faster?)...but they couldn't compete with our level of organization.
But did they hunt us, or did we hunt them?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
These neandethal skulls don't look like apes...

neanderthal.jpg

neanderthal_skull_100.jpg

Australian Aborigines look the most like Neanderthals to me.

Australian-Aborigines-PEO-1065.jpg

australian_aboriginals.jpg

150.1983%23%23S.jpg

When you see the "pure" Out of African lineages in Eurasia, it's pretty clear that there was some hanky panky going on. they clearly look very different and still resemble Africans whereas the Australian Aboriginals and Many of the New guinea highlanders do not. Of course, the Northern West and East Eurasians don't either.

The Andaman Islanders do not have any Archaic admixture. They don't have the Denisovan Admixture that the Australian Aboriginals and New Guineans have, and they don't Neandethal Admixture that West Eurasians, East Asians and New guineans/Australian Abroginals have.

jarawa39_460_landscape.jpg

tribe-kids_2501652b.jpg

The "Pure" OOAs seem to be more gracile, and maintain a youthful a appearance longer. That has been the apparent trend in the modern human fossil record. Towards Neoteny or maintaining youth

jarawa.jpg

The Andamans represent an older and unmixed population of Out of African humans.

these humans come from the same lineage as the Andamanese, but they look very different. in contrast to the Andamans, they look more robust rather than gracile, and they seem to age faster.

4_1coke_man.jpg
They look the most like Neanderthals cuz you met one and compared?

Idiot. Gundumb at it again

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
What a bunch of hogwash. There have been many reconstructions of Neanderthals. The author in the offers no compelling arguments or no interesting new research/data that supports his claims. Just an opinion of Neanderthals looking "human like is misleading."

And homo sapiens did mate with Neanderthals. Matter fact heres a recent 2014 study that states so.
Modern human genomes reveal our inner Neanderthal : Nature News & Comment

And yes Modern man was capable of mating with Neanderthals. Since the two were obviously from the same human genus and shared a COMMON ancestor not so long ago.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

It wasn't. Though they did cross breed. The extinction of Neanderthals was simply do to not being able to compete with modern man. Modern man was better built and knew how to use stone age tools.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
They look the most like Neanderthals cuz you met one and compared?

Idiot. Gundumb at it again

No, because I know the features of Neanderthals. Neanderthals had thick brow ridges, recessed chins, mid-facial projection. They were much more robust than the Modern Humans.

The Onge are from the Indian Ocean, and we know that was a stopping point for the Out-of-Africa Movement into asia.

9753Andamanese-people-608.jpg

Those that carry those older lineages, besides the Andamans are the Japanese Ainu and the first people of sundaland.

malaita4.jpg
ainu.jpg

I just have questions. If the Andamanese are the first people or if they represent that initial wave of out-of-Africans, why do they still look so much like Africans while their "nephews and nieces" look very different? You can't say it's just "climate" because the sundalanders live in the same climate.

There are also Sundalanders who don't have any Archaic Admixture (Neanderthal and Denisovan) like the Philippine Aeta tribe.

aeta1.jpg

aeta1om5.jpg

The Aeta people are still very Gracile and neotenic

Here is a sundaland women with Denisovan admixture, and she is also from the Philippines.

Tboli3.jpg

heres another.
manobo-l.jpg

Where did all these robust features come from? When the andamese are not very robust at all? My theory is that this robustness came from the archaics, namely Neanderthals and Denisovans, that the sundalanders (besides the Aeta, Andamanese, and other groups) are proven to have in their genes.

Last edited: