New Series From Donald Glover ‘Swarm’ starring Dominique Fishback and Damson Idris

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dre didn't kill Marissa. Bunch of smart dumb nikkas making shyt more complicated than it needed to be.

Khalid's brother said it was a suicide.
The story is based on a real life fan who killed herself after finding out Beyonce was cheated on.

Her parents blame Dre because they're in denial and think their daughter wouldn't have died for some reason if Dre wasn't around.
Marissa's death is the straw that broke the camal's back for Dre. That's what triggered her to become what she became.

Her killing her makes no sense in relation to the rest of the story that played out

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched two episodes ...I'm good, A psycho lesbian serial killer who hunts Black men is not my cup of tea. Thank y'all for the reviews, definitely don't feel I'm missing anything by skipping it.
:heh:

She didn't discriminate

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Felt like an extended series of one of those random episodes of Atlanta.

It was ok I guess, doesn’t feel like I would’ve missed much not seeing it and also doesn’t feel like I totally wasted my time watching it…:manny:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
just finished watching it
very dope, im not much of a glover fan, i like some things. like loving atlanta and i like his red bone song. so i have no reason to try to like it

but its dope, a nice black comedy, thriller and psychological thriller blended show.

acting was good, dominique killed it. even the celebrity guess actors like ellish and Paris.

show def is like if you take those abstract side story, but thats just the way Glover writes.
and this show does a good job of balancing its abstract side with sticking to being grounded in the plot.

episode 6 was dope it had me to, guess the fake documentary episode is gonna be the calling card to Glover. im not mad at it hes good at it:ehh:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Finally binged this series and yo... Dre walked up to the security in the final episode and got turned away, but when she met with the scalper, we learned that she had a knife on her the whole time.

Was she planning to stab Ni'jah? :dwillhuh:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I think the entire last episode was a hallucination. Rashida isn't real, that's supposed to be Marissa. I mean they're both light skinned, both have well to do parents, both were invited to the concert.... Dre never talks about what happened to her sister and yet Marissa was the only (adopted) sister we learned of.

It's how she interpreted the night in her mind. Marissa's parent HATED her and her pops (shout out to Leon) tried to kill her. Rashida's parents loved her at first sight. It wasn't suicide, Dre invited Marissa, she said she's going to ATLANTA with her boyfriend for her birthday... and this episode is set IN ATLANTA :gucci: Dre took it like she was shyting on her entire being and killed her.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I think the entire last episode was a hallucination. Rashida isn't real, that's supposed to be Marissa. I mean they're both light skinned, both have well to do parents, both were invited to the concert.... Dre never talks about what happened to her sister and yet Marissa was the only (adopted) sister we learned of.

It's how she interpreted the night in her mind. Marissa's parent HATED her and her pops (shout out to Leon) tried to kill her. Rashida's parents loved her at first sight. It wasn't suicide, Dre invited Marissa, she said she's going to ATLANTA with her boyfriend for her birthday... and this episode is set IN ATLANTA :gucci: Dre took it like she was shyting on her entire being and killed her.

It’s a thought