New: Troy Ave - New York City: The Album

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Dude new york wont get behind him until someone with money signs him... the streets might but they dont really hold any weight anymore... i personally think 50 should sign him since he sounds like a protoge so 50 should know exactly what to do to turn him successful

he shouldnt sign with anybody he should just keep grinding deal game dead to be honest

scuba

All Star
Daps
he shouldnt sign with anybody he should just keep grinding deal game dead to be honest

Ehhh doesnt really work out of new york, you cant survive as an independent new york artist... the infrastructure isnt built for that. Anyways I wish him luck I guess, maybe he can get the independent thing to work for him, but i am pretty sure i saw an interview where he was talking about trying to get signed, but waiting for the right deal not just any deal.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Ehhh doesnt really work out of new york, you cant survive as an independent new york artist... the infrastructure isnt built for that. Anyways I wish him luck I guess, maybe he can get the independent thing to work for him, but i am pretty sure i saw an interview where he was talking about trying to get signed, but waiting for the right deal not just any deal.
Nah he gotta blow on his own....I mean he survivng now as an independent New York right now aint he?

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
lol at that corny bama Pot 1 starring this thread.

Woadie really hates ANYTHING that has to do with NY :heh:

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude new york wont get behind him until someone with money signs him... the streets might but they dont really hold any weight anymore... i personally think 50 should sign him since he sounds like a protoge so 50 should know exactly what to do to turn him successful

lol @ signing to 50 in 2013

troy does need to go for a major deal tho maybe roc nation or even puff

scuba

All Star
Daps
lol @ signing to 50 in 2013

troy does need to go for a major deal tho maybe roc nation or even puff
i mean getting 50 on a bunch of hooks and doing verses and throwing up g unit in 2013 is a bad idea for a new artist
signing to aftermath under 50 and getting his investment and executive production of hit records may not be a bad idea for an artist like troy ave who is trying to go the same route as 50 and has a very similar style...
roc nation... could be...
puff... eh puff has plenty of talent already who dont get release dates i wouldnt want to jump on that ship...

as for staying independent, dude 50 at his prime, with 10 mixtapes out, probably the hottest grassroots phenom in the last 15 years, was broke living in his grandma basement until he signed to aftermath, you need certain structures to succeed as an independt artist and new york just doesnt have those structures... ask yourself who was the last independent artist from nyc you heard of?

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i mean getting 50 on a bunch of hooks and doing verses and throwing up g unit in 2013 is a bad idea for a new artist
signing to aftermath under 50 and getting his investment and executive production of hit records may not be a bad idea for an artist like troy ave who is trying to go the same route as 50 and has a very similar style...
roc nation... could be...
puff... eh puff has plenty of talent already who dont get release dates i wouldnt want to jump on that ship...

as for staying independent, dude 50 at his prime, with 10 mixtapes out, probably the hottest grassroots phenom in the last 15 years, was broke living in his grandma basement until he signed to aftermath, you need certain structures to succeed as an independt artist and new york just doesnt have those structures... ask yourself who was the last independent artist from nyc you heard of?

I can see his similarity to early 50 but you know damn well if that happened fif would be all up in the songs videos etc because hes struggling to stay relevant his damn self...look at his artists 'precious paris' and 'kidd kidd' who he tried to push but got nowhere...as a buzzin NY artist it would be the worst move he could make and guaranteed theres a lot more relevant labels knockin at his door

if french and mgk can get release dates troy ave could get one on bad boy

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I think the problem with Troy is that, even tho he makes dope ass music. He does not really "fit" in with this new generation of rappers. So labels are not gonna be fiending to throw a big bag of money at him. He will do Pusha T numbers at best.

What I think he needs to do is either link with a Def Jam or Interscope straight. And then just personally build his connections with Fab,Push,G-unit,Maino etc. And gun for being a Meek Mill type rapper. Who puts up 100,000 with sales. But has a strong following in the street, which will help him constantly get shows.

Any other method is gonna end up in failure. Troy will never be a hipster/backpacker/mainstream america darling.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

:whoa: hell nah, stay the fukk away from 50. That ship has sailed and is gone for good. fukk signing to anybody, just let this nikka cook.