New Tunnel (Horror Ep) Discussion & Grinding Thread

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Aight folks, so the theme that got the most votes was Horror. That will be the theme for the new Tunnel ep project.

I think it's a good solid choice, since it practically allows everyone's style to eat. As far as the guidelines for the type of production that we should expect to hear from everyone is as follows....

Horror Beats should sound or have at least one of the following production traits.
1. The beat should sound demonic or dark as fukk. (No matter what style of production used)
2. Horror movie score samples can be used.
3. Horror movie vocal samples can be used.
4. You can flip other types of samples as long as the end result is some dark sounding horrific piff.

If you're a producer and plan on taking this project serious, please try and post your beat in this thread by next Friday Aug 7th. It isn't a hard deadline, but kind of like a check in period to see what everyone's been cooking up. Also it allows for the emcees in here to hear things and work with you guys on creating songs or spitting to your beats.

When you post up your instrumental, be sure to tag cats that you want to let hear it or want to collaborate with. This will also help as a reminder to others if they've forgotten.

We should be able to come up with at least 7 songs/tracks within a few weeks and have this whole project completed in a month's time at best if everyone grinds. If you can't get anybody to collab with you or spit on your beat, it can still go on the Ep as an instrumental. Therefore we can have a mixture of songs and beats on it. 7 is also just a estimate. We can have more tracks on it if more people pull through so that's not a problem.

As for the Cover Art.....

Whoever is interested in designing the cover can go ahead and do so and post it up in this thread by Friday Aug 14th. Once we have a decent amount of submissions for that, I'll make another thread and we can vote on which one is the best and use that for the official Cover. This will give all you designer/art nikkas a chance to get it in too.

REMINDER
At the end of the day we gotta keep shyt moving so if we got 10 good tracks by the end of Aug, and you need another week or two to contribute, you might just have to wait until the next project. We can't afford to have anyone slowing shyt down for the rest of us.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
What are the plans as far as promotion on the project?

I have no idea and nikkas don't be retweeting and reposting each other's music links like that so I guess it's :manny:

We can prolly get a featured thread and have it circulate a bit, but that's just for here. I don't know who has any real blog connections or anything else to push it further than that.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
I haven't really messed with any music stuff for the past 5 months.. All my free time has been devoted to studying for this IT cert:francis:

But I'm going to try to send you some stuff by next Friday. I really like the concept you have going here.

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
Could I also suggest extending the deadline to Sunday night. I work Mon-Fri and i do my best work on Sunday. Guess it's not that important really. i'll pull it out