New York Times FINALLY discusses the death of downtown NYC; but won't explain WHY!

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Random vids I watch while at work :ehh:

He is a repair guy with his own business. Lives and works within NYC, now does vids on how crazy NYC is getting with rent and general mismanagement.

shyt like this is happening all over, just spoke to a person from Oregon. Half a mill for a plot of land, barely build a house on :picard:

Something has got to give :wow:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Downtown Manhattan has turned to complete shyt, more so than other parts of Manhattan like midtown. No foot traffic, lots of mentally ill homeless people, a few homeless shelters, expensive, dirty, no local vibe just a bunch of transplants. Only nice part of downtown is tiny ass battery park.

I used to love walking to the old south street seaport, going to the twin towers basement where they had affordable shops, century 21. All that is gone. Its sad.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Isn't he the guy that makes macbook hate rants? His channel's original purpose was about New York City?:dwillhuh:

Nah nah, it was about repair :russ:

But he gets 8x the amount of views when he speaks on NYC and how things need to change.

So he pivots from time to time because that is what most folks watch his content for now :yeshrug:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
these property prices are not sustainable. i'm telling brehs to start thinking out the box about home ownership

especially if we continue to have more remote jobs. fukk slaving for a mortgage.

Prices that are jacked up like this, are prone to collapse. Especially when a lot of wealthy people left NYC the last 18 months.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I work around the corner lmao. I wonder what day and time he went by? If it was the weekend, I expect it to look like that. Anyways, the prices are not justified

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Random vids I watch while at work :ehh:

He is a repair guy with his own business. Lives and works within NYC, now does vids on how crazy NYC is getting with rent and general mismanagement.

shyt like this is happening all over, just spoke to a person from Oregon. Half a mill for a plot of land, barely build a house on :picard:

Something has got to give :wow:

I already knew it would be that dude before clicking the video soon as NYC was mentioned. I've seen him before in my feed.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Downtown Manhattan has turned to complete shyt, more so than other parts of Manhattan like midtown. No foot traffic, lots of mentally ill homeless people, a few homeless shelters, expensive, dirty, no local vibe just a bunch of transplants. Only nice part of downtown is tiny ass battery park.

I used to love walking to the old south street seaport, going to the twin towers basement where they had affordable shops, century 21. All that is gone. Its sad.

midtown is :huhldup:. Dope fiends everywhere

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The homeless issue is a problem.

I don't know how you can help these folks but everywhere you look and turn in midtown are mentally ill homeless folks