NFL agrees to deal with Google’s YouTube for “Sunday Ticket” package

Surprised?

• Total voters

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I love YOUTUBE TV. Direct TV is terrible. So I'm glad to see the change. Youtube TV is much easier to use too.

also, the YTTV app is much better than any other "cable" app. it's not even close. it works flawless on EVERY device I have. the ONLY minor criticism I have is it doesn't work on the safari browser, but that's minor as I rarely watch it on my laptop, and if I do, I can use chrome.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Can someone please explain what Google/youtube TV is getting?

Are they buying games that are usually broadcast on cbs,NBC, and Fox on Sundays

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA

They are getting games that are not being broadcast in your local area market (Fox and CBS).

This is essential if you are a fan of a team that is not in your area and would most likely not be shown unless they are on national tv (NBC or ESPN).

I'm a Browns fan living in California and NFL Sunday Ticket is the only way I can watch the bulk of their games since they wouldn't show them here unless they are playing a LA team or are on primetime.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

They are getting games that are not being broadcast in your local area market (Fox and CBS).

This is essential if you are a fan of a team that is not in your area and would most likely not be shown unless they are on national tv (NBC or ESPN).

I'm a Browns fan living in California and NFL Sunday Ticket is the only way I can watch the bulk of their games since they wouldn't show them here unless they are playing a LA team or are on primetime.
Exactly...think NBA League Pass for NFL, if that helps.

Instead of just getting in and out of games on Red Zone, you can watch any full NFL game live with Sunday Ticket.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Surprise NFL or some other TV company hasn;t offered a team exclusive deal. Watch your team no matter if its local or national for a monthly fee. They would eat off of that.,
Why would the NFL/Google agree to that when they can get customers to pay for the full bundle while maximizing profits :dahell:? They know that most customers would do the team only option for cheaper but then the league/Youtube would get less money than making consumers buy the entire package. This is probably the reason why it took so long because Roger and those owners wasn't going to budge and want total control on how their product is showcase. The same amount of people who was paying almost $500 for Sunday Ticket with Directv will probably shell out the same amount with Youtube in order to watch the games.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Why would the NFL/Google agree to that when they can get customers to pay for the full bundle while maximizing profits :dahell:? They know that most customers would do the team only option for cheaper but then the league/Youtube would get less money than making consumers buy the entire package. This is probably the reason why it took so long because Roger and those owners wasn't going to budge and want total control on how their product is showcase. The same amount of people who was paying almost $500 for Sunday Ticket with Directv will probably shell out the same amount with Youtube in order to watch the games.

The avg fan doesn't care about watching every game, only their team. They would pay the same just to watch their team :dahell:

Lol at u thinking people get Sunday ticket to watch every game. They are forced to pay $500 because there is no other options, not because they get to watch every non local game