NFL Draft Lottery?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I don't think Sean is just talking out of his ass considering his status with the league. I don't agree with him saying Caleb is a generational player that would cause that though

I think it would make sense given that getting the #1 pick hasn't translated to teams turning it around, particularly in the NFL. Keeps teams trying to win and prevents situations like the Flores and Hue situation from happenong again

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx

I don't think Sean is just talking out of his ass considering his status with the league. I don't agree with him saying Caleb is a generational player that would cause that though

I think it would make sense given that getting the #1 pick hasn't translated to teams turning it around, particularly in the NFL. Keeps teams trying to win and prevents situations like the Flores and Hue situation from happenong again

that's an argument for the lottery not being necessary since it hasn't led to these big turnarounds.

now, if you're tanking for a USC QB, you obviously don't respect your job security, but football has so many positions that you feel you could find a spectacular talent, especially later. It's easier to talk yourself into thinking someone in rounds 2-3 is gonna be spectacular for your team.

the #1 pick uniquely puts a spotlight on your team for months and sells hope. That's the main immediate benefit of tanking, but you can sell that hope just by drafting a QB if you need one.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
that's an argument for the lottery not being necessary since it hasn't led to these big turnarounds.

now, if you're tanking for a USC QB, you obviously don't respect your job security, but football has so many positions that you feel you could find a spectacular talent, especially later. It's easier to talk yourself into thinking someone in rounds 2-3 is gonna be spectacular for your team.

the #1 pick uniquely puts a spotlight on your team for months and sells hope. That's the main immediate benefit of tanking, but you can sell that hope just by drafting a QB if you need one.
Fair enough, but a lottery is a spectacle in of itself for the league vs just one team

It's an interesting discussion, I do think a few of those recent mini scandals like I mentioned earlier could be avoided with a lottery though

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
1.NFL coaches and players don't have the job security to tank. Teams aren't bad because they're not trying. We just watched the last place jags beat the first place ravens. We watched the Colts battle the eagles to the end. No NFL team can afford to be bad on purpose

2. Way more goes into putting together a winning NFL team than a winning NBA team. Because they play both ways, one guy can turn around a franchise trajectory. A lottery wouldn't make much of a difference in the NFL.