NFL Week 13: What have we learned

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I'm still haunted by the miracle at the meadowlands, and this just adds to that trauma. i really don't want to be in anymore prime time games. We never fukking win them.
The defense gave up 15 points in less than 3 fukking minutes. 15 fukking points. Despite Tennesse fronting us 14.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw a First Take clip earlier with SAS and Shannon doing their usual hate on Lamar act. They couldn't just say Lamar had a great game so they framed the segment as is Lamar having the best season for an AFC QB. They both had Tua over him. Let's see what they say now that Tua couldn't beat the Titans :mjpls:

JLova

Veteran
Daps
I learned that Mahomes is a whinny bytch and aint shyt without the refs and Hill and got owned by Love.

Also, with all the analytics and genius coaches out there, why havent they figured out that playing prevent D while down a FG or less dont work? How many more decades must this take place before these "geniuses" figure this out?

:mindblown:
Especially when the other team has their timeouts.

Daps
Trent Williams explains why Purdy hasn't been a system QB.

The reason Purdy gets the "system QB" label is because SF has looked good with other people under center.

Purdy looks the best BY FAR, but Kyle Shanahan has the same thing with QBs that his dad had with RBs. Terrell Davis was that dude and played in the same system as Clinton Portis, Olandis Gary etc., but Terrell just performed on a higher/MVP level within the offense. He was drafted late and didn't have the "eye test" advantage coming out of UGA, but he succeeded.

Purdy is like TD. Went to a P5 school, drafted late to a team out west that has designs on winning a SB but hadn't done it with the current cast of characters. Both played for a Shanahan and both are getting more out of their "system" than you'd expect given their draft position. Both line up on offense with a McCaffrey that's highly effective.

Purdy is not a transcendent physical talent that can drag your team to 9 wins just off his raw abilities (Mahomes, maybe Allen). But most of the GOATs on offense are not transcendent physical talents: TB12, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith have the best resumes of any offensive skill position players and none were freaks of nature.

Daps
I learned that Mahomes is a whinny bytch and aint shyt without the refs and Hill and got owned by Love.

Also, with all the analytics and genius coaches out there, why havent they figured out that playing prevent D while down a FG or less dont work? How many more decades must this take place before these "geniuses" figure this out?

:mindblown:
This 100%.

Prevent only works if you're under 30 to 45 seconds, the other team has no timeouts and needs a TD just to tie.

If you only need a FG, these current QBs grew up playing no huddle/shotgun. They are much better running an up tempo offense. Prevent guarantees you're gonna give the other squad a shot at a 40-ish yd FG to win. That's easy money for a good NFL kicker. College kickers are wayyyy more shaky.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
We've learned that the Dolphins are this year's Minnesota. We're going to limp into the playoffs and get routed in the first game

Infuriating and fukking embarrassing loss. That's fully on fukking Fangio and Mcdaniel. You have got to be kidding me
I dont think any team can overcome being down 4 starting OL. Tua was running for his life, maybe the fact they have gotten by down 3 makes people overlook it but down 4 is CRAZY. Even the best QBs (Mahomes/Brady) have folded when OL goes to shyt..

Not sure if they get anybody back in time but teams like Jets and especially Dallas will make the offense basically inoperable at this rate.

Daps
I dont think any team can overcome being down 4 starting OL. Tua was running for his life, maybe the fact they have gotten by down 3 makes people overlook it but down 4 is CRAZY. Even the best QBs (Mahomes/Brady) have folded when OL goes to shyt..

Not sure if they get anybody back in time but teams like Jets and especially Dallas will make the offense basically inoperable at this rate.
My guy Mahomes went to the superbowl with a shyt Oline.

We did this same shyt last year. We fold every December, we did it the year before, we did it with Flores, we did it with Gase, everyone makes the same tired ass excuses. Wash, rinse, repeat a year later. Everyone is injured, if you can't work around that then you should be fired. Gonna be hilarious when the bills end up winning the division and people will trot out more excuses

There is no excuse for giving up 14 points in 3 mins. That's a statistical anomaly so rare it hasn't happened in 7 years. shyt like that gets people fired, luckily for Mcdaniel he has enough good that he wont. With that said, him and his dogshyt defense coordinator lost that game. I have no interest in the excuses, especially when it comes to losing at home to the dogshyt ass titans with one of the worst offenses in football. Get the job done or hit the bricks, no on gives a shyt about injuries. Everyone's got the same issues.

Last edited:
Daps
Saw a First Take clip earlier with SAS and Shannon doing their usual hate on Lamar act. They couldn't just say Lamar had a great game so they framed the segment as is Lamar having the best season for an AFC QB. They both had Tua over him. Let's see what they say now that Tua couldn't beat the Titans :mjpls:
Basically said over the sample size you can’t be too reactionary

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
My guy Mahomes went to the superbowl with a shyt Oline.

We did this same shyt last year. We fold every December, we did it the year before, we did it with Flores, we did it with Gase, everyone makes the same tired ass excuses. Wash, rinse, repeat a year later. Everyone is injured, if you can't work around that then you should be fired. Gonna be hilarious when the bills end up winning the division and people will trot out more excuses

There is no excuse for giving up 14 points in 3 mins. That's a statistical anomaly so rare it hasn't happened in 7 years. shyt like that gets people fired, luckily Mcdaniel has enough good will but him and his dogshyt defense coordinator lost that game. I have no interest in the excuses, especially when it comes to losing at home to the dogshyt ass titans with one of the worst offenses in football. Get the job done or hit the bricks, no on gives a shyt about injuries. Everyone's got the same issues.
Mahomes had one tackle down in afc championship game and then lost the other in like the last drive. Against Tampa he was running for his life and throwing sideways to try to compete.. He was missing his bookends for only that game. Chiefs oline has been solid prior. Burrow did carry Cincy with shyt oline play tho, I understand it wasnt their fault in grand scheme but fumble snap, blocked fg up middle, etc. all contribute.

Agreed still shouldnt collapse in last 3 min, I dont know what fangio was doing on defense and Chubb throwing his helmet in an act of roid rage to give up 4 extra points is crazy.. No matter how people try to say it doesnt matter, losing 4 starting olineman will affect everything. Dallas is coming, they might not run a play when that feeding frenzy starts

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
King Henry's declining. He's still a top 5 RB and the Titans run blocking stinks but his top end speed isn't there anymore and I have never seen him consistently get stopped for no gain or negative yards like this before.

I don't think the Titans sign him to another contract and let Spears take over as RB1