Anything new learned?

• Total voters

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to be reasonable/objective with the purdy shyt but these talking heads starting being mad disrespectful

its one thing to argue whether or not Purdy is elite (I think he hasnt proven it yet) or that MVP award criteria is flawed (it is, in no universe should non-qbs have next to zero shot to win it).

But to question Purdys MVP as it pertains to the current criteria is just disrespectful at this point.

Put it this way. 2016 MVP Matt Ryan. No one outside of ATL thought he was elite. He was under Kyle Shanahan, had an all pro and arguably best WR in the league in Julio. Devonte was running wild. He had great numbers and team was great. No one ever argued his MVP status, not even retroactively when it was clear that Kyle had a lot to do with it. MVP was awarded for performance and it still stands.

So why is it that Purdy's performance is questioned ? The way dudes talk about him is like he's Chad Pennington out there just dunking three yard passes with 10 seconds in the pocket and reaping the benefits :dahell: If it was Trevor Lawrence having these numbers on this team I bet there wouldnt be all this dogshyt takes.

“I’d vote for Christian,” Kittle told Yahoo Sports over Zoom on Monday. “If you want a best quarterback award, make a best quarterback award. Let's keep the MVP for the most valuable player.”

Purdy is playing great, but the doubt is because of the 3 game-losing streak without them dawgs

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

Man this is soooooo true

Cuz no disrespect to Lamar and not saying he not deserving.

But for the last 8 weeks he name was no where close to the MVP talks.

Hell not even last weekend prior to all the games.

It’s always been about Purdy, CMC, Dak, Hurts, and Tyreek.

But the moment a few of them drop out…. All of a sudden they elevate Lamar into the picture

shyt like this fuels the “conspiracy theories” against Brock

I like how this conveniently leaves out Josh Allen for MVP when thas who truly been getting an unnatural push despite being currently outside the playoff picture. At least Lamar can say his team is number 1 in the AFC. And Purdy will shot this shyt down because they play in a week anyway

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
“I’d vote for Christian,” Kittle told Yahoo Sports over Zoom on Monday. “If you want a best quarterback award, make a best quarterback award. Let's keep the MVP for the most valuable player.”

Purdy is playing great, but the doubt is because of the 3 game-losing streak without them dawgs
you havent addressed anything Ive said in my post tho
why is matt ryan's mvp campaign of 2016 validated even in retrospective ?

are you saying no qb who won a mvp had a team have a losing streak ?

I dont know why you brought in kittles quote. I agree with Kittle, Ive said this in my post. Yes, Ill take CMC as MVP if the award was really MVP and equally applicable to any position in football, as it should.

But it isnt and hasnt been the criteria for the last god knows how many years. The award has been - for many years now - a great performing QB on one of top teams in the league

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you havent addressed anything Ive said in my post tho
why is matt ryan's mvp campaign of 2016 validated even in retrospective ?

are you saying no qb who won a mvp had a team have a losing streak ?

I dont know why you brought in kittles quote. I agree with Kittle, Ive said this in my post. Yes, Ill take CMC as MVP if the award was really MVP and equally applicable to any position in football, as it should.

But it isnt and hasnt been the criteria for the last god knows how many years. The award has been - for many years now - a great performing QB on one of top teams in the league

I'm asking you which player did the most with the least during the 2016 season?

premier58

All Star
Daps
My brother the Kurt Warner comparison was to show how things changed. if Kurt Warner dropped out of the sky today he'd be Brock Purdy and no one spoke liek this about Kurt Warner despite that man having like 4 HOF's on offense on his team :heh:

I'm not sure your age, but those Rams team's had MORE talent on offense than this San Fran team. They were better at every position and not soul questioned Warner's MVP
Well except TE, but I am in 1000% agreeance with everything else you said.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Some people came at my neck when I said Trevor Lawrence was a beneficiary of Clemson's system and he'd just be an OK QB in the pros. Granted he's only 24 and can improve but he throws his fair share of head scratchers.
I felt the same way. You look to be extrememly accurate in your assesement. It is 2023, not 1998. It doesnt take 5 or 6 years for a QB to show that he is high quality.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Cowboys are very Jekyll and Hyde. Unbeatable at home(7-0, like 41 PPG), mediocre at best on the road
That is a shyt recipe that is rarely overcome. I do remember the 2018 Patriots being dominant at home, while being.shyt on the road. Difference is, they had championship pedigree and Brady.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I find it strange that Lamar is even in the race. His numbers won't scream MVP. Unless he does something crazy to finish the season I don't see how you can give it to him.
That's what the Offensive Player of the Year is for

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
I tried to be reasonable/objective with the purdy shyt but these talking heads starting being mad disrespectful

its one thing to argue whether or not Purdy is elite (I think he hasnt proven it yet) or that MVP award criteria is flawed (it is, in no universe should non-qbs have next to zero shot to win it).

But to question Purdys MVP as it pertains to the current criteria is just disrespectful at this point.

Put it this way. 2016 MVP Matt Ryan. No one outside of ATL thought he was elite. He was under Kyle Shanahan, had an all pro and arguably best WR in the league in Julio. Devonte was running wild. He had great numbers and team was great. No one ever argued his MVP status, not even retroactively when it was clear that Kyle had a lot to do with it. MVP was awarded for performance and it still stands.

So why is it that Purdy's performance is questioned ? The way dudes talk about him is like he's Chad Pennington out there just dunking three yard passes with 10 seconds in the pocket and reaping the benefits :dahell: If it was Trevor Lawrence having these numbers on this team I bet there wouldnt be all this dogshyt takes.
Matt Ryan had years of good-great play before 2016 without Shanahan.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I like how this conveniently leaves out Josh Allen for MVP when thas who truly been getting an unnatural push despite being currently outside the playoff picture. At least Lamar can say his team is number 1 in the AFC. And Purdy will shot this shyt down because they play in a week anyway

Oh no!!!!

I remember the JA MVP push.

Hell I heard more about that than Lamar.

That’s why I find it crazy he in it now

Cuz for the longest it was about the top 5 I listed and top 6 if you include JA

premier58

All Star
Daps

This is a masterful post. I could not agree more..

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Oh no!!!!

I remember the JA MVP push.

Hell I heard more about that than Lamar.

That’s why I find it crazy he in it now

Cuz for the longest it was about the top 5 I listed and top 6 if you include JA
Let's be real that shyt is just for clicks and to drive discussion. Purdy has the stats and record. Unless he falls off a cliff that shyt is his even if he were to lose to the Ravens

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I still feel like the ravens are the best team when they’re fully healthy and firing on all cylinders :yeshrug:

If they faced off tomorrow I’m taking the ravens because they have a defense more than capable of slowing down the niners and an offense that can kill you in a bunch of ways with Lamar as the trigger man
We gon' see on Sunday, dawggie....

(* :birdman: hand rub*)