NFL Week 17: What have we learned

JLova

Veteran
Daps
due to horrible QB play. double edge sword here

Some of the worst I’ve ever seen. Not a fan of this season from an entertainment perspective but if the 9ers win it all…it will be worth it.

9ers still my favorites. They will sleepwalk through the NFC. Only challenge will come in the Superbowl..

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Obvious as a Lions fan I hope they keep Fields but it must be said that keeping him would be a franchise altering fukk up. There are three potentially franchise QBs available. Draft one and whoever else with the later 1st round pick, which will likely also be a top ten one. Weapon (Rome Odunze, Brock Bowers, Malik Nabers)? Defense (Jared Verse, Dallas Turner, Johnny Newton, Laiatu Latu)? Chicago has an opportunity to literally do what Houston did this year: get the best QB in the draft and the best defensive player in the draft. There should be zero conversation about keeping Fields when you have that opportunity.

How many qbs picked number one won a champ with the team that drafted them :jbhmm:

franchise altering fukk up seems a bit much. Whatever poles does I'm cool with, keep or ship justin. neither is really a terrible decision.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
:russ: people actually thinking Lamar winning the SB.

QBs like him look good in REGULAR season where coordinators have other weeks to think of and don't actually institute a gameplan to stop him. We've seen how this plays out.

In the playoffs DCs cook up a ZONE defense just for him. Keep all eleven eyes on him to where he can't have those back breaking runs, and keep his wrs in front them. Come up and make good, solid, hard tackles. Knock him and his small receivers out the game.

Result: another year of regular season mvp, but no SB.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goff is becoming the new Alex Smith. First the Rams and now Detroit. Will get a franchise back in the right track and the. Theyre ready to upgrade him to make the team a serious contender. Listening and reading Detroit media after this cowboys games sounds a lot like with what 49ers and Chiefs fans were echoing about Smith when he took them to the postseason

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Fun fact Lamar Jackson has more 'perfect' passer rating games than Patrick Mahomes. 3 for Lamar vs 0 for Mahomes.

His skillset is just insane. He is essentially undefendable.

One of the biggest mistakes the Jets made was not trying to trade for him when he was unhappy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: people actually thinking Lamar winning the SB.

QBs like him look good in REGULAR season where coordinators have other weeks to think of and don't actually institute a gameplan to stop him. We've seen how this plays out.

In the playoffs DCs cook up a ZONE defense just for him. Keep all eleven eyes on him to where he can't have those back breaking runs, and keep his wrs in front them. Come up and make good, solid, hard tackles. Knock him and his small receivers out the game.

Result: another year of regular season mvp, but no SB.
When going to have to see about that. He's not really using his legs this season, he's been riding the pocket and finding the open man even on broken plays. A zone defense ain't going to last 5+/sec per play. Those DBs are going to continue losing track of their man and dline will continue to tire out fighting to get a hand on him

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Dan Campbell needs to chill on the gambling or it's going to cost them in the playoffs. It's good to be aggressive, but eventually it backfires. Can't tell that to those beer belly meathead cacs.

Belichick = Scottie Pippen. Won multiple rings, but will become even more bitter because he can't win one on his own.
Obligatory Bump

Called it

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Fun fact Lamar Jackson has more 'perfect' passer rating games than Patrick Mahomes. 3 for Lamar vs 0 for Mahomes.

His skillset is just insane. He is essentially undefendable.

One of the biggest mistakes the Jets made was not trying to trade for him when he was unhappy.

:unimpressed: